Author Topic: Anheuser-Busch sheds nearly $5 billion in value since Bud Light’s Dylan Mulvaney pact sparked outrag  (Read 2243 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A billion here,a billion there,and pretty soon you are talking real money!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
'No one at a senior level' was aware Bud Light had made the 'mistake' of partnering with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney - as parent company Anheuser-Busch loses $6BN in six days

@mystery-ak

You mean they let an outsider make that decision without any overview or discussion?

Hey! I believe that,don't you?

Online roamer_1

https://notthebee.com/article/bud-light-tweeted-for-the-first-time-since-dylan-mulvaney-gate-so-come-enjoy-the-ratio

This is hilarious. Bud Light peeps a simple TGIF on Twitter and Instagram and gets SLAUGHTERED.

Not a single ray of hope.

Yep. They know they're going to the woodshed now...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
https://notthebee.com/article/bud-light-tweeted-for-the-first-time-since-dylan-mulvaney-gate-so-come-enjoy-the-ratio

This is hilarious. Bud Light peeps a simple TGIF on Twitter and Instagram and gets SLAUGHTERED.

@roamer_1

It has been 30+ years since I stopped drinking alcohol,but I  never did understand the popularity of Budweiser beer. Tasted awful.

I MUCH preferred Miller in a bottle. Nunna that "lite" stuff,either. I think I tried one once,and ended up  pouring it out.

I just remembered,I once drank some Schlitz (spelling),but only because it was free and getting drunk was more important to me than  flavor,at that time. I know there must have been other beer brands for sale at the time,but I can't remember their names.

Besides,beer was what you drank while waiting for the whiskey delivery to show up,and the whiskey came in gallon milk jugs and didn't have brand names.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

Straight men don't like  being  identified with homosexuals,and it isn't like this little factoid comes as a news flash to anyone who ever attended a high  school or a college.

AND......,when you are a provider that goes out of your way to identify your product with people who can't figure  out of they are males or females,you really can't expect positive things to  happen.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

It has been 30+ years since I stopped drinking alcohol,but I  never did understand the popularity of Budweiser beer. Tasted awful.

I MUCH preferred Miller in a bottle. Nunna that "lite" stuff,either. I think I tried one once,and ended up  pouring it out.

I just remembered,I once drank some Schlitz (spelling),but only because it was free and getting drunk was more important to me than  flavor,at that time. I know there must have been other beer brands for sale at the time,but I can't remember their names.

Besides,beer was what you drank while waiting for the whiskey delivery to show up,and the whiskey came in gallon milk jugs and didn't have brand names.

@sneakypete

I am still a fan of crappy beer... I am immune to the weirdo local brews for the most part... At least in IPAs (which is what beer actually is)... You get me into ales and meads and I can get snobby.

Beer is for a rowdy good time, or a hard cold chug at the end of the day. In both of those cases, cheap factory beer suits me.

We were always a Miller house in my dad's day. And the speed shop and Harley shop where Dad and I hung out were Miller houses too.

But you don't understand (having been away)... Bud Light is universal...Any tailgate party, any commercial event, any kegger, house party, hootenany... the chance is pretty good that there will be Bud Light. If not Bud, then Miller, probably. Anything else is rare.

I dunno about beer snobs... Maybe they have their fancy beers when they throw an event... But then I guess none of my pals are beer snobs.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
YIKES!

I just now  noticed it was 5 BILLION dollars in lost sales!

Everytime I glanced at it before,I just assumed it was million.
!
We are talking some REAL money,here

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Straight men don't like  being  identified with homosexuals,and it isn't like this little factoid comes as a news flash to anyone who ever attended a high  school or a college.

AND......,when you are a provider that goes out of your way to identify your product with people who can't figure  out of they are males or females,you really can't expect positive things to  happen.

You're right, of course... Folks are trying to paint this as a Conservative backlash...
I don't think so.

It might be a Redneck/Blue Collar backlash...
But I don't think even that.

This is a MALE backlash, I will bet. And I will bet it transcends political lines and racial lines...

And it is glorious, @sneakypete .

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
YIKES!

!

From my experience with the investment world, sadly this is a mosquito bite, in a corporate marketing strategy that though may have short term losses, but long term might have other tangible benefits for Inbev, that I covered elsewhere.  Which is sad, because, I'd like to see them lose their shirt.  No telling what portion of That $5B from Bud Lite, went to other Imbev brands.

Kind of like you get pissed off at Texaco, and swith to Chevron.  Same pocket.  Or....

Think New Coke- Coke Classic in terms of working the laws of unintnended consequences in reverse.  This Corporation didn't become No.1 in their segment without reason.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

I don't drink Bud anymore... it tastes like she/it.

That was awesome.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

And here it is... The late Friday, just before the weekend CEO lawyerese non-apology apology:

... As predicted... NOW comes PANIC!!!   :silly: :silly: :silly:

The same marketing department that came up with the Mulvaney ad is the one that authored this reply from the CEO.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

YIKES!

!

Not lost sales, a drop in market capitalization, determined by multiplying the number of shares outstanding by the price per share.

Offline Hoodat

Anheuser-Busch stock is still higher than where it was a month ago.  $5 billion is nothing in the grand scheme of outstanding stock.  We need to drive the price below $40/share.  It is currently north of $64.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Anheuser-Busch stock is still higher than where it was a month ago.  $5 billion is nothing in the grand scheme of outstanding stock.  We need to drive the price below $40/share.  It is currently north of $64.

If that could be accomplished - and not simply due to other extraneous factors - that would put a serious hurting on the company.

What's the current short interest on the stock?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

Yep, believe me, they are more interested in the next quarterly EPS report than impact on one out of a 100 products.   $5B might amount to a few dollars a share of stock price, and is very very common market movement.  In fact if you look at mega-stocks like Apple, $5B movement amounts to pennies per share.   

I hope they do get hurt by it, but this talk of boycotts is like a burp in a hurricane to them. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

The same marketing department that came up with the Mulvaney ad is the one that authored this reply from the CEO.

Just wait... Give it time. The real apology is coming. It will take some heads rolling... Beginning with Hindershine. They are already set up to throw it all on her... And she's disappeared.

This week is going to be fun.