Author Topic: Surging Costs Keep Inflation Running Hot  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surging Costs Keep Inflation Running Hot
« on: April 12, 2023, 04:57:37 pm »
Surging Costs Keep Inflation Running Hot

Spencer Brown
April 12, 2023 9:45 AM

The latest Consumer Price Index (CPI) released on Wednesday shows that costs sent soaring by the Biden administration are still not showing signs of easing to provide relief for Americans whose real wages have been running negative for months.

The headline month-over-month number came in at 0.1 percent for March for a 12-month advance of five percent, but the core CPI number — excluding more volatile food and energy costs — continues to burn even hotter with a 0.4 percent month-over-month increase to rise 5.6 percent in the last year.

Overall, Americans have now dealt with 23 months of inflation above five percent during Biden's 26 months in office.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/04/12/surging-energy-costs-keep-inflation-running-hot-n2621853
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Surging Costs Keep Inflation Running Hot
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 05:01:32 pm »
When the crash comes it is every man for himself. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Surging Costs Keep Inflation Running Hot
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 05:05:49 pm »
The Fed is trying to destroy demand by crashing the economy.  But, there hasn't be a concerted effort to improve supply.

Price has two components - demand vs supply.  Supply is the side that requires Congressional action.  (Let our energy pipelines go!)
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.