Author Topic: Schumer, Warnock want DOJ investigation into Tennessee lawmakers' expulsion  (Read 155 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 April 12, 2023 2:12pm EDT
Schumer, Warnock want DOJ investigation into Tennessee lawmakers' expulsion
In letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland, Schumer and Warnock call expulsions of Tennessee House members 'draconian'
By Timothy Nerozzi | Fox News

Top Democratic Party leaders are pushing for a federal investigation into the expulsion of two state lawmakers from the Tennessee legislature.

Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer and Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock are requesting the Department of Justice to investigate the expulsions of Tennessee state Reps. Justin Jones and Rep. Justin Pearson.

Pearson and Jones, along with Democrat Reps. Gloria Johnson, egged on protesters and stormed the state House floor to call on their colleagues to take action against gun violence last month.

As a consequence of their actions, both Pearson and Jones were expelled from the House by Republicans.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schumer-warnock-want-doj-investigation-tennessee-lawmakers-expulsion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Why?  Where is the federal hook?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The US Senators don't want to be outstaged by up-and-coming whippersnappers.  They want some of the media glow for themselves.

Why investigate something that backfired so horribly in the perpetrators' faces?  The blowback may cost some GOP state assembly men their seats in the next election.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.