Author Topic: Environmentalists have a new target: Charmin toilet paper  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Environmentalists have a new target: Charmin toilet paper
« on: April 12, 2023, 12:17:13 pm »
Environmentalists have a new target: Charmin toilet paper
moneywatch
BY IRINA IVANOVA

UPDATED ON: OCTOBER 10, 2019 / 6:15 PM / MONEYWATCH

Consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble faces pressure from environmentalists to clean up its act.

More than 150 groups are pushing the maker of Charmin toiler paper and Bounty paper towels to use recycled materials in its products. Currently, neither of those products uses recycled paper, and about one-third of it is sourced from Canada's boreal forest — a large swath of virgin forest that rings the Arctic Circle and acts as a critical check on climate change.

"It's just unacceptable that a company like P&G is making toilet paper, a product that is used for seconds and flushed, from virgin pulp," said Shelley Vinyard, boreal corporate campaign manager for the Natural Resources Defense Council and one of several dozen protesters at P&G's annual shareholders meeting in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Tuesday.

The NRDC likens Canada's vast forests to "the Amazon of North." Replacing just half of P&G's virgin pulp usage with recycled content "would dwarf the company's current climate commitments," the NRDC said in a letter to the company that was co-signed by 150 other activist groups.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charmin-toilet-paper-puts-procter-gamble-p-g-in-environmentalists-crosshairs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: Environmentalists have a new target: Charmin toilet paper
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 12:40:04 pm »
Canada's boreal forest — a large swath of virgin forest that rings the Arctic Circle and acts as a critical check on climate change.
What does that even mean? The only climate change "check" that seems to matter is the one deposited in Al Gore's bank account.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Re: Environmentalists have a new target: Charmin toilet paper
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 01:10:37 pm »
What does that even mean? The only climate change "check" that seems to matter is the one deposited in Al Gore's bank account.

This cause has been a boon  for a few people. They remind me of those televangelist that fleece people out of their money, and become wealthy in the process.

However, on the flip side, the rest of us become poorer as penance for their religion
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy