Author Topic: Top Army official says service pulling ‘a lot of levers’ to solve recruiting challenges  (Read 265 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Top Army official says service pulling ‘a lot of levers’ to solve recruiting challenges
By DOUG G. WARE
STARS AND STRIPES • April 11, 2023

WASHINGTON — The Army is looking to significantly expand its advertising and marketing campaigns and make other moves to find as many new soldiers as possible, as it aims for a lofty recruiting target this year and a foundation for the years to come, a top service official said Tuesday.

Like all branches of the U.S. armed forces, the Army has faced substantial recruiting challenges in recent years. Last year, it was about 15,000 new recruits shy of its goal of 60,000. This year, the Army’s goal is 65,000 new soldiers.

“It’s become a whole-of-Army approach,” Undersecretary of the Army Gabriel Camarillo said Tuesday said during an interview at an Association of the United States Army event near Washington. “There is no part of the Army that isn’t actively engaged in confronting the recruiting challenge.”

Military recruiting has become more difficult in the modern age with an all-volunteer force for a variety of reasons, and the problem is high on the priority list for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Space Force.

https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2023-04-11/army-recruiting-challenges-9771316.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It doesn't make any difference how many "levers" you pull if they're all the wrong ones!! :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The tutu army is having a hard time.  Hmmmm, can't imagine why!

:silly: 333cleo :silly:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
It always boils down to the throwing money at the problem which just won't work considering all the forced politicization that's going on inside the services, the forced vaccinations and separations for dissenters, and generally toxic leadership now permeating the ranks.  if Milley and his toadies bothered to follow U.S. Army WTF Moments on social media, they'd see exactly what the problems are, in terms of poor retention and recruitment.  Bottom line is that the military treats its people very poorly nowadays and then throws them away after their enlistment contracts end, at which point the VA nightmare begins.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline ScottinVA

Well, here’s a radical idea.. stop screwing with the lives of those already serving their country, quit with the woke ideology (“white rage,” Milley?), emphasize service to country, and don’t be afraid to challenge this poisonous administration’s wrongheaded policies.