Author Topic: Illegal migrants to US will be ‘returned’: Homeland Security head  (Read 132 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal migrants to US will be ‘returned’: Homeland Security head
Online News EditorApril 12, 2023 3 minutes read

By Moncho Torres

Panama City, Apr 11 (EFE).- The Secretary of Homeland Security of the United States, Alejandro Mayorkas, warned Tuesday that migrants who try to reach US territory through illegal avenues would be sent back.

Mayorkas, who held a meeting on Tuesday in the Panamanian capital with the foreign ministers of Colombia and Panama to discuss irregular migration through the dangerous Darién jungle, which marks the border between the two Latin American countries, said in an interview with EFE that there was no alternative to the legal route.

“There’s a very important message to send, in addition to the fact that we are building lawful pathways, so people do not have to risk their lives in the Darién and that is that we are enforcing our laws at the border,” the US official said.

“It is so tragic to see people risk their lives, take the dangerous journey, suffer so much trauma, put their life savings in the hands of smugglers who only seek profit, only to be returned,” he added.

https://www.laprensalatina.com/illegal-migrants-to-us-will-be-returned-homeland-security-head/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson