Author Topic: Tesla's Entry Into The Net Zero Game: "Sustainable Energy For All Of Earth"  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tesla's Entry Into The Net Zero Game: "Sustainable Energy For All Of Earth"
April 09, 2023/ Francis Menton

One of the core subjects of this site for several years has been doing reality checks on the schemes of Net Zero central planners.  Is there any chance that these zero carbon economy schemes might work?  Or are they just dreams that ignore obvious physical obstacles in a religious zeal to reach an imagined future utopia?

My prior writings on this subject are summarized in my December 2022 Report “The Energy Storage Conundrum,” and in my recent posts (here and here) on the work of Bill Ponton regarding the UK. 

On April 5 Tesla dropped into the debate a big Report of their own, with the title “Sustainable Energy for All of Earth.”   Tesla reaches the exact opposite conclusion from me and the people I have cited in my writings on this subject.  From the Executive Summary:

This paper finds a sustainable energy economy is technically feasible and requires less investment and less material extraction than continuing today’s unsustainable energy economy. While many prior studies have come to a similar conclusion, this study seeks to push the thinking forward related to material intensity, manufacturing capacity, and manufacturing investment required for a transition across all energy sectors worldwide.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2023-4-9-teslas-entry-into-the-net-zero-game-sustainable-energy-for-all-of-earth
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson