Author Topic: Trump widens lead over DeSantis to 33 points in new survey  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump widens lead over DeSantis to 33 points in new survey
« on: April 11, 2023, 10:41:01 pm »
Trump widens lead over DeSantis to 33 points in new survey
The Hill, Apr 11, 2023

Former President Trump widened his lead over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in a hypothetical Republican primary match-up to 33 points, according to a new poll.

A Morning Consult poll found Trump with 56 percent of the vote among a group of current and potential GOP challengers for the nomination and DeSantis in second with 23 percent. This marks Trump’s widest lead in the poll since Morning Consult started tracking the hypothetical primary in December.

The most recent poll found Vice President Pence came in third with 7 percent, followed by former Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley with 4 percent and former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) with 3 percent.

The poll also found that the announcement from former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R) last week that he would join the race does not appear to have had a major effect on the polling. Almost 7 in 10 potential Republican primary voters said they did not hear much about the announcement, and only 1 percent said they would support him.

The poll was conducted from April 7-9 among 3,608 potential Republican primary voters. The margin of error was 2 points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3944123-trump-widens-lead-over-desantis-to-33-points-in-new-survey/amp/

Re: Trump widens lead over DeSantis to 33 points in new survey
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 10:47:04 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 02:26:36 am »
Sweetheart.....DeSantis isn't a candidate.
Didn't the article say this was a hypothetical matchup?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 03:32:20 am »
     Freshman Senator Cruz had the same numbers in Iowa, and he won.

Go DeSantis ~ (When you are IN)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 03:59:52 am »
Sweetheart.....DeSantis isn't a candidate.

Then Ronny's globalist, America-last mega donors are just funding his retirement, right, Pumpkin?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 04:10:02 am »
Then Ronny's globalist, America-last mega donors are just funding his retirement, right, Pumpkin?

What entity are these phantom mega-donors donating to?  The pitfalls of making it up as you go.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023, 04:51:12 am »
The pitfalls of making it up as you go.

Then why do you keep doing it?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 04:52:15 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2023, 12:11:58 pm »
"BOOOOOOOM!!! EVEN CANDACE KNOWS!!!" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/PapiTrumpo/status/1645965596025057283

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2023, 12:20:26 pm »
Fine, he might win the nomination, but when it comes to the general, it doesn't mean a hill of beans especially since Trump will not get the independent vote.

If you can explain to me how Trump can win the general without the independent vote then I'll vote for Trump in 2024.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2023, 01:00:49 pm »
Fine, he might win the nomination, but when it comes to the general, it doesn't mean a hill of beans especially since Trump will not get the independent vote.

If you can explain to me how Trump can win the general without the independent vote then I'll vote for Trump in 2024.

I’ve made peace with the fact that we’re not going to win the presidential election in 2024. You’re never going to get past the MAGAs in the primaries. It is what it is.

But we need to find someway to make sure that people running down ticket don’t get tied to Donald Trump and end up returning the House to Democrat control
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2023, 01:02:49 pm »
I’ve made peace with the fact that we’re not going to win the presidential election in 2024. You’re never going to get past the MAGAs in the primaries. It is what it is.

But we need to find someway to make sure that people running down ticket don’t get tied to Donald Trump and end up returning the House to Democrat control

That is a tall order
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2023, 01:06:18 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2023, 01:07:23 pm »

That is a tall order

I understand that. The MAGA’s are on a suicide mission.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2023, 01:40:41 pm »
The ABC poll gave Trump 25% favorability, which probably is low, but not by much.  Republicans are Jonestown or Bust.  Not much we can do about that.  I just hope they come to their senses before the supreme court is 13 pink haired trannies.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2023, 02:14:07 pm »

Yep.

Current electoral reality: Assuming they win FL, TX and OH, Republicans start with 212 electoral votes. Democrats start with 219.

For any Republican Presidential candidate to win an election, they must now win at least two out of three of these states: PA, GA, and NC, and even so, the path to victory is very difficult without PA. They could do it by losing PA and winning NV, AZ and NH (as well as GA and NC)... or maybe by winning WI and MI... but it will not be easy... because of California and its 54 electoral votes, which no Republican has any chance of winning, whatsoever. 

Trump's unpopularity with Independent voters -which is all but locked-in - does not make the task any easier.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2023, 02:22:47 pm »
 ////00000////

Trump's Ego leads Trump by 66 points.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2023, 02:26:20 pm »

They will get their 'Happy Ending', though.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2023, 10:31:59 pm »
Andy wrote:
"For any Republican Presidential candidate to win an election, they must now win at least two out of three of these states: PA, GA, and NC, and even so, the path to victory is very difficult without PA. They could do it by losing PA and winning NV, AZ and NH (as well as GA and NC)... or maybe by winning WI and MI... but it will not be easy... because of California and its 54 electoral votes, which no Republican has any chance of winning, whatsoever. "

Thanks, Andy.
At least someone in this forum "sees what's coming" for the Republicans in the years ahead.

Let's break down your post a little bit.
"they must now win at least two out of three of these states: PA, GA, and NC"

GA? How have the Pubbies been doing in national contests there lately? The continuing "change" of the state's demographics is going to seal that fate. Slowly but surely, it's "getting darker".

NC? That's possible.

PA? Are you kidding? What has been done to thwart The Party's "election apparatus" in that state?

"They could do it by losing PA and winning NV, AZ and NH"

NH? Nope. Maybe 1 in 5 chance there, at best.

AZ? Sorry, that's a blue state now, at least insofar as national elections are concerned. They don't even bother to hide the cheating there any more.

NV? Toss up at best, tipped-over-blue at worst.

"or maybe by winning WI and MI"

The Republicans have about as much chance of winning these two states again (in a presidential contest) as they do in PA. The Party's apparatus will see to that.

I hope you read this followup, Andy.
Please show me where I'm wrong.

There was a time up to about 15-20 years ago when the Electoral College favored Republicans (at least marginally).
That time... has ended.
When was the last time you heard the dem-communists griping about the EC?
Why is that?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2023, 11:38:39 pm »
I hope you read this followup, Andy.
Please show me where I'm wrong.

There was a time up to about 15-20 years ago when the Electoral College favored Republicans (at least marginally).
That time... has ended.
When was the last time you heard the dem-communists griping about the EC?
Why is that?
@Fishrrman

Hey - I don't think you're wrong at all. In fact, that was the entire point of my analysis.

Until or unless the GOP "leadership" figures out that they have been outplayed, outmaneuvered, and need to adopt an entirely new playbook... they are doomed.

Having said that, I don't think Trump is the answer. But neither is what and who the Republican poobahs have been promoting these past 25 years or so: establishment-approved managers of national decline and ultimate submission to the coastal elites.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2023, 11:49:21 pm »

Thats hard for me to accept, but being optimistic is my nature. But the reality of the situation I see no other outcome but Democrats winning the Whitehouse again in 2024.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2023, 01:23:17 am »

The only way not have every Republican tied to Donald Trump is for some other Republican to challenge him hard in the primaries. Even if the challenger doesn't win, it will show that there is more to the Republican Party than Donald Trump.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2023, 02:01:53 am »
The pitfalls of making it up as you go.

Then why do you keep doing it?

Again, what entity are these phantom mega-donors donating to?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2023, 12:22:20 pm »

Again, what entity are these phantom mega-donors donating to?

You know you’re not gonna get an answer

What you will get is her telling you that she’s answered it before with receipts, and then claim you’re a stalker

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2023, 01:18:09 pm »
I assume they're donating to https://neverbackdown.org/, which is the pro-DeSantis PAC that has raised a bunch of money.  It's independent of him, which is why it can raise money even though he hasn't declared.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2023, 01:28:08 pm »

I'm not so sure about that.

Trump won about 45% of the primary vote in 2016, which includes getting nearly all of the votes in the later primaries after other candidates had dropped out.  To me, that is the true number of people in his "base".  So maybe 35-40%.  The rest of his support are those of us who voted for/supported him in the general election because he was the nominee.

When DeSantis declares -- and he will -- a lot is going to depend on how many other elected Republicans come out to support him, because that's the kind of thing that can build momentum.  Trump is less popular in the early primary states, and that also could help change the dynamic.   I'd agree that the odds are still on Trump's side, but it's too early to throw in the towel, especially when he's still in legal jeopardy from other cases that haven't yet been filed.   I would not be shocked if the classified document one turns out to hurt him the most, as it is entirely possible that particular case won't just be limited to him having held on to those documents.