Author Topic: Netanyahu Vows to Restore Security ‘On All Fronts’ After Terror Attacks, Rocket Fire  (Read 254 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Netanyahu Vows to Restore Security ‘On All Fronts’ After Terror Attacks, Rocket Fire

Israel’s embattled prime minister pledged on Monday evening to restore security after a turbulent few days saw violent clashes on Jerusalem’s Temple Mount, deadly acts of terrorism, and cross-border rocket fire including the biggest barrage from Lebanon since the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war.

In a televised press conference, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu also announced the reversal of his earlier decision to fire Defense Minister Yoav Gallant over differences about the government’s contentious plan – currently suspended – to overhaul the judiciary.

Netanyahu said he had decided to set aside the differences between the two. “Gallant remains in his post, and we will continue to work together for the safety of the citizens of Israel.”

The prime minister, whose opinion poll numbers have dropped sharply amid mass public protests against the proposed judicial changes, vowed the government would re-establish security “on all fronts.”

Following last week’s skirmishes at the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, militants fired rockets into Israel from the Gaza Strip, from southern Lebanon, and from Syria.

Hezbollah has typically been responsible for rocket attacks into Israel from southern Lebanon – an area largely under the control of the Iran-backed Shi’ite terrorist group – but Israel blamed Hamas for the attack from its northern neighbor’s territory.

More than 30 rockets were aimed at towns and villages in northern Israel. Although air defenses intercepted most of them, at least five landed inside Israel, causing minor injuries.............

https://cnsnews.com/article/international/patrick-goodenough/netanyahu-vows-restore-security-all-fronts-after-terror
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.