Author Topic: Biden administration still insists Afghanistan had 300,000 security forces before Kabul fell  (Read 166 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden administration still insists Afghanistan had 300,000 security forces before Kabul fell
The Biden administration previously claimed that 300,000 Afghan troops and police would fight the Taliban once U.S. troops left the country.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED APR 7, 2023 1:33 PM EDT

Nearly 18 months after the Taliban’s victory in Afghanistan, the White House continues to overestimate the number of Afghan troops and police who were active in the fight when President Joe Biden ordered the withdrawal of all U.S. troops from the country.

On Thursday, the Pentagon provided Congress with a classified version of an independent after-action report that looked at how the Defense Department implemented U.S. policy in Afghanistan from January to August 2021. Separately, the White House also released a 12-page summary of the key events and decisions made by Biden and former President Donald Trump leading up to the Afghanistan withdrawal.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/biden-afghanistan-security-forces/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson