Author Topic: U.S. Is Launching Massive Cyber Warfare  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Is Launching Massive Cyber Warfare
« on: April 13, 2023, 01:32:31 pm »
U.S. Is Launching Massive Cyber Warfare
Written by Leonid SAVIN on 07/04/2023

Page three already makes it clear who the strategy is aimed against: “The governments of China, Russia, Iran, North Korea and other autocratic states with revisionist intent are aggressively using advanced cyber capabilities to pursue objectives that run counter to our interests and broadly accepted international norms. Their reckless disregard for the rule of law and human rights in cyberspace threatens U.S. national security and economic prosperity”.

It goes on to say that “this Strategy seeks to build and enhance collaboration around five pillars: 1) Defend critical Infrastructure, 2) Disrupt and dismantle threat actors, 3) Shape market forces to drive security and resilience, 4) Invest in a resilient future, and 5) Forge international partnerships to pursue shared goals”.

If four states (and other unspecified autocratic governments) are designated as threats, then logically, point two speaks to the need to destroy these states or, at a minimum, disrupt their functioning.

https://orientalreview.org/2023/04/07/u-s-is-launching-massive-cyber-warfare/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: U.S. Is Launching Massive Cyber Warfare
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 01:44:03 pm »
Only just now?  This should have been SOP beginning in the 1990s or even the 1980s.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: U.S. Is Launching Massive Cyber Warfare
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 02:17:20 pm »
The headline should be "US Cyber Command Bureaucrats Attempt Money and Power Grab to Build Shiny New Headquarters Building".

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright