Author Topic: Texas Gov. Abbott announces new initiatives to combat fentanyl crisis  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas Gov. Abbott announces new initiatives to combat fentanyl crisis
by: Monica Madden

Posted: Apr 10, 2023 / 10:44 AM CDT

Updated: Apr 10, 2023 / 10:44 AM CDT

AUSTIN (Nexstar) — Gov. Greg Abbott made addressing the state’s “growing fentanyl crisis” one of his key legislative priorities this session. On Thursday, he announced additional steps the state is taking to curb deaths from a drug that took the lives of 2,012 Texas last year.

Speaking at a summit with state leaders, stakeholders and families of Texans who died from fentanyl poisoning, Abbott announced the state will be doling out millions of dollars to take immediate action while the legislature works on passing bills aiming to curb the crisis.

The Republican governor directed the Texas Division of Emergency Management to begin distributing Narcan, an opioid reversal tool, to every county in Texas. Additionally, he announced the state unveiled a $10 million multimedia PSA-style campaign to educate Texans on the dangers of the drug and how to prevent and reverse fentanyl deaths.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/top-stories/texas-gov-abbott-announces-new-initiatives-to-combat-fentanyl-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Texas Gov. Abbott announces new initiatives to combat fentanyl crisis
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 05:10:42 pm »
This is good since Brandon doesn't much seem to care about Fentanyl ODs one way or the other. :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson