Author Topic: How Bad Does It Have to Get?  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Bad Does It Have to Get?
« on: June 10, 2023, 01:55:57 pm »
June 10, 2023
How Bad Does It Have to Get?
By Stephan Helgesen

Murders, street crime, white-collar crime, shoplifting, trespassing, abuse of power, illegal drugs, legal drugs, illegal immigration and open borders, election-tampering, institutional decay, homelessness, illiteracy, phony racism, real racism, corrupt politicians, vengeful district attorneys, child abuse, domestic partner abuse, disregard for human life, a weakened military, the rise of authoritarianism, expanding ignorance, AI, CRT, DIE, poverty, inflation, radical environmentalism, gender fluidity, lowered standards and weakened values, flight from personal responsibility, death of the meritocracy...the list goes on, and it's getting bigger by the day.

President Ronald Reagan described America as a shining city on a hill.  It is now an endless loop of Escape from New York and Clockwork Orange.  We swing on a political pendulum every two to four years.  Back and forth we go, never advancing.  Half the nation is always angry, frustrated, disappointed, dejected, demoralized, and depressed, while the other half celebrate their victories until it's their turn.

Those of us who mourn the passing of the Greatest Generation and everything it stood and fought for are, ourselves, fading away.  Some of us still find the strength to push back, but our numbers are declining.  Some of us are packing up and looking for a safe haven, where we can practice our religion and practice our values without apologizing for them or having to explain them to people without any.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/06/how_bad_does_it_have_to_get.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: How Bad Does It Have to Get?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 01:59:15 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 02:06:47 pm »
I continue to pray that the Lord God Jesus Christ stops the evil that keeps prevailing on this country.  :0001: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2023, 02:10:52 pm »
I continue to pray that the Lord God Jesus Christ stops the evil that keeps prevailing on this country.  :0001: :patriot:

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

“For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”

James 2:26
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 02:15:40 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2023, 06:55:59 pm »
Wise people learn from others' mistakes.
Ordinary people learn from their own mistakes.
Stupid people never learn from any mistakes.
They just keep on repeating the same stupidity
until they have destroyed themselves.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2023, 07:51:44 pm »
Good and accurate rant.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2023, 10:31:43 pm »
At some point, this will turn around. When and how, I couldn't tell you. But it might have to get worse before that happens
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2023, 10:35:05 pm »
Stephan Helgesen:
"Those of us who mourn the passing of the Greatest Generation and everything it stood and fought for are, ourselves, fading away."

A fellow named Madison Grant wrote a book pertinent to such questions, 'way back in 1916:

Of course, you know what authors like this are called today...