Author Topic: Pentagon investigating leak of secret US and Nato war plans for Ukraine  (Read 280 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon investigating leak of secret US and Nato war plans for Ukraine
Significant breach of American intelligence appears to detail Washington’s plans for Ukraine

Arpan Rai
9 hours ago

The Biden administration is investigating the leak of classified war documents about secret American and Nato plans for bolstering the Ukrainian military ahead of an anticipated spring salvo against Russian forces, senior officials said.

“We are aware of the reports of social media posts and the department is reviewing the matter,” said Sabrina Singh, the deputy press secretary at the Pentagon, reported The New York Times.

The five-weeks-old documents reportedly reveal details of Ukraine’s requirements ahead of a planned counteroffensive to reclaim territory taken by Russia since the full-scale invasion last year, as well as how the US and Nato might meet them.

They appeared on both Twitter and Telegram, a messaging platform that is widely used in Ukraine and Russia.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/us-nato-ukraine-war-plans-pentagon-b2315842.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm sure Trump has already been investigated but has anyone investigated the White House? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm sure Trump has already been investigated but has anyone investigated the White House? :shrug:
Biden's bunch wouldn't leak them, they'd sell them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Pentagon: Interagency effort underway to assess impact of leaked materials
by Julia Mueller - 04/10/23 8:00 AM ET

An interagency effort is underway to assess a trove of apparent Pentagon documents that were posted online and evaluate their potential impact on national security, the Defense Department said late Sunday, amid questions about the source of the leaks.

The Defense Department is assessing the validity of the documents, which “appear to contain sensitive and highly classified material,” Pentagon deputy press secretary Sabrina Singh said in a statement.

“An interagency effort has been stood up, focused on assessing the impact these photographed documents could have had on U.S. national security and on our Allies and partners,” Singh said.

“Over the weekend, U.S. officials have engaged with Allies and partners and have informed relevant congressional committees of jurisdiction about the disclosure.”

The Defense Department also made a referral to the Justice Department, which has opened a criminal investigation into the leaks, Singh said.

The Pentagon said on Friday that it was reviewing a batch of leaked documents purportedly related to Russia’s war on Ukraine, but additional documents on other national security topics have surfaced in recent days.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3942022-pentagon-interagency-effort-underway-to-assess-impact-of-leaked-materials/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34