Author Topic: Bud Light marketing VP explains what inspired her to update ‘fratty, out of touch’ brand with inclus  (Read 8756 times)

Offline Hoodat

It is Spring Break down here.  Give the dollar GenerL a pass. $14.99 a case.

I remember when it was $3.59 a case.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I remember when it was $3.59 a case.

A case of the clap?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

A case of the clap?

In the late 70s, you could get a six-pack for 89 cents.  Not that it was worth that much.  It is the second worst tasting beer that has ever reached my lips.  I once remember downing two cans on the way to a keg party, leaving the other four cans in the car.  When I came back to my car later, someone had stolen the other four cans.  I laughed my ass off.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Other than size and brand awareness, Anheuser-Busch has no competitive advantages over their competitors.

This is what happens when an America brand gets its marching orders from its Belgian overlords in Am-Bev.

Miller Brewing is owned by a South African company.  Hopefully, their Boer overlords will better understand their customer base.

Molson Coors' Canadian overlords are distracted by the approaching NHL playoffs.

@DefiantMassRINO

I  had no idea either of them was foreign-owned.

How did this happen. Both virtually had a license to print money for decades,and now they are owned by foreigners?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTvdTjn8jH4

@roamer_1

It is unfair to blame the freak for this. He/she/it was offered a Biden pot of cash to do that ad,and since I suspect it gets VERY few offers like that,jumped all over it.

Blame the corporate honchos who concieved and approved this brain fart,not the freak that just took advantage of a good thing.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

It is unfair to blame the freak for this. He/she/it was offered a Biden pot of cash to do that ad,and since I suspect it gets VERY few offers like that,jumped all over it.

Blame the corporate honchos who concieved and approved this brain fart,not the freak that just took advantage of a good thing.

Oh that's right @sneakypete ... I don't give a sh*t about the freak...But giving such a freak legitimacy using a corporation with its roots so deep in the American Redneck/Blue Collar lifestyle is a direct violation of the natural order of things. It cannot stand.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Oh, I don't think so... This is every bit as bad as JCPenny, or maybe even worse.

Heads are going to HAVE TO roll.

the budwiesrer GENIUS apparently didnt visit a single market or or liquor store  offering more that a dozen brands of beer

the trend in branding is most assuredly not toward the pathological.....at least un my quaint little neighborhood in Marin COunty North of Scam Francisco

GOOFY NAMES .....are the TREND...

Online roamer_1

the budwiesrer GENIUS apparently didnt visit a single market or or liquor store  offering more that a dozen brands of beer

the trend in branding is most assuredly not toward the pathological.....at least un my quaint little neighborhood in Marin COunty North of Scam Francisco

GOOFY NAMES .....are the TREND...

I got nothin' My favorite local brew is a dark ale called Moose Drool.  :whistle: :shrug:

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

I got nothin' My favorite local brew is a dark ale called Moose Drool.  :whistle: :shrug:

Moose Drool.   is PERFECT......beer is supposed to be FUN

I saw Nuclear Sandwich beer......at my local MARKET today

theres always a new Brand with a goofy name that will catch  my eye in the Beer Aisle.

TRANS BEER??? no sorry.....defiinately NOT funny

Online roamer_1

theres always a new Brand with a goofy name that will catch  my eye in the Beer Aisle.

Moose Drool is magnificent! But thankfully, my beer snob gene is not finely tuned until I get into ales and meads.

In IPAs I am as unsophisticated as I can be... My goto is PBR or Rainier... But I have drank GALLONS of Hamms and Keystone and every other crappy beer you can think of, except for Michelob and Coors - Both of which give me a naggy headache for some reason. Other than them, it don't matter. I can drink crappy beer with the best of em.

Online roamer_1

WHat the heck was that stuff I drank back east??? Schlitz and HILEMAN"S OLD STYLE... That's it. Buckets of that stuff... Find it out here every now and then, and I always have to get some.

Online mountaineer

IC Light: worse than Natural Light, Old Style or just about anything.  It's a 'Burgh thing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DB

Tranny fluid...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tranny fluid...

@DB

Seems like A-B has a lock on that market.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pabst Blue Ribbon owned by Miller is a good hearty beer.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

WHat the heck was that stuff I drank back east??? Schlitz and HILEMAN"S OLD STYLE... That's it. Buckets of that stuff... Find it out here every now and then, and I always have to get some.

Schlitz is another beer that traded its soul but in a different way. In the 50’s and 60’s it was a powerhouse - I think it was the top selling beer in the world. Joseph Schlitz was one of the original beer barrons of Milwaukee. Blatz, Miller, Gettleman, Pabst all did things the Old World way. Their hospitality rooms were each different, yet epic.

Anyway, around 1972 or so, Schlitz changed its brewing methods to better mass produce its product. The consumer noticed and “The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous” went into a nosedive it never recovered from.

Some years ago, Schlitz claimed to have gone back to the original recipe and brewing method. It is truly a quality beer but the brand image has been irreparably destroyed.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@240B

Back when I would drink beer if there was no whiskey available,I preferred Miller Low-Life in chilled glass bottles.

Online roamer_1

It does fine by me. I doubt you can get at Rainier, which is a PacNW standard. It's pretty good too... But then, as I said, I like Hamm's alright too...

It is all pretty much the same to me... Because the only beer that matters is the one at the end of a long day haying. It doesn't matter what brand... Only that it is almost slushy cold in a sweating can, when the farmer brings em out...  You'll never get no better.

Online roamer_1

Schlitz is another beer that traded its soul but in a different way. In the 50’s and 60’s it was a powerhouse - I think it was the top selling beer in the world. Joseph Schlitz was one of the original beer barrons of Milwaukee. Blatz, Miller, Gettleman, Pabst all did things the Old World way. Their hospitality rooms were each different, yet epic.

Anyway, around 1972 or so, Schlitz changed its brewing methods to better mass produce its product. The consumer noticed and “The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous” went into a nosedive it never recovered from.

Some years ago, Schlitz claimed to have gone back to the original recipe and brewing method. It is truly a quality beer but the brand image has been irreparably destroyed.

I always liked Shlitz... But Hileman's probably better. Baseball is best served on an AM transistor radio, with Hileman's and either work you're doing, or in a hammock in the shade on a hot day.

Offline Hoodat

Technically, Schlitz isn't beer.  Old Style is a Chicago beer on par with Baltimore's Natty Bo.

I remember drinking the hell out of these back in HS:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

They changed the process by substituting corn syrup for barley, cutting the brew time in half.  They also added silica gel as a clarifier.  But with that change, their product no longer qualified under the legal definition of 'beer'.

How Milwaukee's Famous Beer Became Infamous

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Big mistake. HUGE.

That Bud Light car at NASCAR  is more symbolic of their (former) clientele... And homo crap don't play with folks that would be fans of NASCAR.

Tractor Supply is into this tranny crap up to its lips too. Can you believe it? TRACTOR-FRIGGIN-SUPPLY.

I will never cross their threshold.  **nononono*
Crap. Tractor Supply? **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Technically, Schlitz isn't beer.  Old Style is a Chicago beer on par with Baltimore's Natty Bo.

Rolling Rock!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Crap. Tractor Supply? **nononono*

Yeah... They sponsor drag queen story time for kids down in Texas... San Antonio, IIRC  9999hair out0000

Online roamer_1

By high school I was already a long time out here... Drinking mostly Miller High Life and Rainier, and Hamm's. Later converted to Miller MGD and Miller lite, mostly because that was the standard beer at the speed shop and the Harley shop where I spent my time. And some time after that, Keystone, and now Pabst... But the Rainier was there all along.