Author Topic: Bud Light marketing VP explains what inspired her to update ‘fratty, out of touch’ brand with inclus  (Read 8687 times)

Offline roamer_1

That is the ethic I grew up on. Learned it well. My sons have it. And it will never be an A-B product.

:beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah... whatever is fine... Just give it some time.

Rednecks have hit 'Oh Hell No!'... And you don't come back from that. Watch and see. I'll bet I'm right.

@roamer_1

You DO make a valid point on that one,and as we both know,they are NOT people whose minds are easy to change if you piss them off.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

Well, if that's coming, and everyone knows it, wouldn't it show up in the stock price beforehand?  If everyone knows the company is going to get hammered by unsold inventory, why would they continue to hold the stock and wait around for it to happen?

I tend to agree with this article

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/04/10/why-bud-lights-woke-rebranding-will-probably-succeed-n1685885

Time will tell who is right. But, I predict after the dust setttles, AB will do fine. They probably factored in the backlash when they made this decision
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/04/10/why-bud-lights-woke-rebranding-will-probably-succeed-n1685885

Time will tell who is right. But, I predict after the dust setttles, AB will do fine. They probably factored in the backlash when they made this decision

Sounds about right.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I had to LMAO at someone thinking AB had their pulse on on it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Another perspective, interesting.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Nah. What the article fails to note in comparing this to late night TV is that no one is watching TV anymore. About ANY decent YouTube channel can blow late night TV out of the water.

I agree that big brewers are losing market share to micro breweries. But Bud brands are so over-saturated in the market that their share is still ginormous.

The fix has got to be against the good beers - Go hard against the micros with a new high-dollar line... Not blow your wad by throwing away the only folks still drinking crappy beers and seeking a tiny segment that ain't gonna drink your crappy beer anyway.

Get Woke Go Broke is a thing because it is true - And we can go on and on about all the CEOs that thought they had their finger on the pulse, and were all the way stone damn wrong. AB will be yet another.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 02:10:56 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Hoodat

Frank Booth - Give me a Pabst Blue Ribbon

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ScottinVA

I wouldn’t be too sure about that.  If AB was so sanguine about the change, its leadership wouldn’t feel compelled to justify it.  Bud Light is getting especially hit in middle America.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Went to the Dollar general store yesterday (Easter Sunday) to pick up some various and sundry items.  As I past the Beer cooler I noticed it was packed full of Bud, Bud Light, and Ultra.  Only Natty Light was gone.  Every other beer brand was also empty.  We are lousy with the spring break crowd down here so this is telling if AB is being passed over. 

Online DefiantMassRINO

Other than size and brand awareness, Anheuser-Busch has no competitive advantages over their competitors.

This is what happens when an America brand gets its marching orders from its Belgian overlords in Am-Bev.

Miller Brewing is owned by a South African company.  Hopefully, their Boer overlords will better understand their customer base.

Molson Coors' Canadian overlords are distracted by the approaching NHL playoffs.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

Local and regional micro craft brews are the way to go really. 

Offline mountaineer

Top Anheuser-Busch Official Previously Bragged About Using Company’s Brands To Push DEI Onto Consumers
A newly unearthed interview shows a top Anheuser-Busch official describing the company’s embrace of DEI ideology.
By: Shawn Fleetwood
April 11, 2023
Following Anheuser-Busch’s embrace of a mentally ill man pretending to be a woman as the face of Bud Light beer, a newly unearthed interview shows a top company official describing how Anheuser-Busch uses divisive and discriminatory “DEI” ideology when marketing to consumers.

Two years ago, PRovoke Media published an interview with Anheuser-Busch’s vice president of communications Jennifer Morris as part of its “Innovator 25” series. According to the outlet’s website, the “Innovator 25” list features individuals “who are addressing the [public relations] industry’s challenges with ingenuity and insight to make meaningful — and hopefully lasting— change at time when it’s needed more than ever.”

During the 2021 interview, Morris was asked how the public relations industry can “make real progress in diversity, inclusion and equity.” For context, diversity, inclusion, and equity (often abbreviated to DEI or, more appropriately, DIE) is a divisive and poisonous ideology that dismisses merit to discriminate based on characteristics such as skin color and sex. Individuals who qualify for a certain position on their merits, but don’t meet the entity’s goal of being more “diverse,” are passed over in favor of those who check whatever box leftists find acceptable.

In her response, Morris described the “unique position” Anheuser-Busch is in to “bring attention to DE&I issues” in a way that “drive(s) positive change and create(s) a more equitable world.”

“As an organization and a family of brands, we can leverage our scale and resources to further conversations around DE&I and help consumers understand the difference they can make as individuals,” Morris said. In other words, even if our loyal Bud Light customers have no interest in cultural Marxism, it’s our job to educate them.

Morris’ apparent indulgence in leftist ideology doesn’t stop there. Several posts from Morris’ Twitter account reveal her to be a left-wing partisan.  ...
Read more at The Federalist

I can't help but laugh at where A-B has gone. When I lived in St. Louis in the 1980s, my roommate - an engineer - tried to get a job there but was stymied when they made it clear to her that they hired only men for such lofty positions. A-B, under the Busch family, was the original good ol' (white) boys' network. Under Inbev, it's swung so far to the other extreme as to become a woke joke.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

Wonder when he transitioned?
She certainly killed Bud Light... 

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I always suspected the Belgians were evil.  Dr. Evil is Belgian, and so is Am-Bev.

His son, Scott, is the Bud Light of evil ...

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

Evidently AB rolled out rainbow colored Bud Light cans and advertising pointed at LGBTQwerty after thiss debacle...

And distributors are turning it down.

Online DefiantMassRINO

This was probably some ad executive's idea for a Gay Pride Month (June) promotion.

Offline roamer_1

Offline Hoodat

Only Natty Light was gone.

Got beat out by Natty Bo?  That's about as low as it gets. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bud Light Beer Boycott Batters Brewer Anheuser-Busch

Bud Light’s left-wing executives have sparked a broad consumer rejection of their Bud Light beer by hiring Dylan Mulvaney, a salesman who pretends to be a giddy “transgender” girl, several biz executives told media outlets.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/04/11/bud-light-beer-boycott-batters-brewer-anheuser-busch/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

Got beat out by Natty Bo?  That's about as low as it gets.

It is Spring Break down here.  Give the dollar GenerL a pass. $14.99 a case.

Offline Hoodat

The Cards should change the name of their stadium.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-