Author Topic: George Soros as the Dick Cheney of the Left  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
George Soros as the Dick Cheney of the Left
« on: April 10, 2023, 05:59:35 pm »
George Soros as the Dick Cheney of the Left
STEVE SAILER • APRIL 9, 2023 • 500 WORDS • 146 COMMENTS • REPLY

One of my anti-conspiracy theories is that remarkably little money is spent to influence American electoral politics relative to the stakes of controlling government power.

For example, billionaire George Soros has helped drive murder and traffic fatalities way up in the U.S. in recent years by investing a rather limited (for him) amount of money in electing soft-on-crime district attorneys in big cities.

These aren’t huge sums of money by 2023 standards that Soros gives, but who else makes campaign contributions to District Attorney races? Not all billionaires want to sow chaos in the big city — demographically similar Michael Bloomberg spent 12-years as a successful crime-fighting mayor of New York — but nobody else of comparable wealth seems terribly motivated to counter Soros’s insight that prosecutor races offer a cheap chokepoint.

Why does Soros do this?

https://www.unz.com/isteve/george-soros-as-the-dick-cheney-of-the-left/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson