Author Topic: Senate Votes To Overturn Biden WOTUS Rule  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senate Votes To Overturn Biden WOTUS Rule
« on: April 10, 2023, 11:51:21 am »

Senate Votes To Overturn Biden WOTUS Rule
 Heartland Author
April 10, 2023

By Katelynn Richardson
The Senate voted 53-43 Wednesday to overturn the Biden administration’s “waters of the United States” (WOTUS) rule, which expands what waters are subject to federal regulation under the Clean Water Act.

Earlier this month, the House voted 227-198 to overturn the rule, with nine Democrats joining Republicans. Critics of the Biden administration’s rule say its broad definition of “navigable waters” subjects landowners and farmers to burdensome regulations, expanding federal control over small streams and wetlands.

Four Democrats, Nevada Sen. Cortez Masto, Nevada Sen. Jacky Rosen, West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, and Montana Sen. Jon Tester, voted with Republicans to overturn the rule. Independent Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema also voted with Republicans.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/04/senate-votes-to-overturn-biden-wotus-rule/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Senate Votes To Overturn Biden WOTUS Rule
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 10:27:28 pm »
No matter.
ol' white joe will probably veto it.