Author Topic: US very 'confident' it can protect interests in South China Sea as China surrounds Taiwan  (Read 840 times)

Offline libertybele

With Brandon being CIC, I'm just not feeling confident.

US very 'confident' it can protect interests in South China Sea as China surrounds Taiwan

The U.S. is very confident it can protect American interests in the Indo-Pacific as the Chinese military surrounds Taiwan, the White House said Thursday.

National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby offered the assessment to reporters during a Monday briefing. China is conducting extensive and ongoing military drills around the self-governed island throughout the past week, going so far as to simulate strikes on the island this past weekend.

"How does the U.S. see these latest Chinese military exercises and is the U.S. confident that Taiwan and help from the U.S. could continue to deter China from a military solution?" a reporter asked. "Their saber-rattling as we call it was a lot more than sabers, and it's more than rattling."

"We're monitoring the exercises closely, as you might imagine," Kirby responded, adding that they were a needless reaction to Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen's recent visit to the U.S. that sparked angry warnings from China..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-very-confident-can-protect-interests-south-china-sea-china-surrounds-taiwan
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

What is the US doing to prepare for the risk that this “exercise” suddenly becomes the real thing?

Offline libertybele

What is the US doing to prepare for the risk that this “exercise” suddenly becomes the real thing?

What is the US doing to prepare for the possibility of having to take on both China and Russia at the same time?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What is the US doing. Period?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

....hmm .... waiting for Brandon to have a V8 moment??

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

....hmm .... waiting for Brandon to have a V8 moment??

or a bowel movement.  Then the shit will hit the ...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bilo

Not much, but in the end it will be okay for us not so much for the rest of the world.

China is not the threat they are made out to be. They import 85% of their energy. They can't grow enough food to sustain their population. They are in a demographic collapse. They were positioned to be a big player in a globalized world order, but that is collapsing and manufacturing is moving to other locations. If they attack Taiwan they have to cross a lot of ocean to get there and if they do attack they have to avoid the chip manufacturing facilities there and the people who work there because they don't have the expertise to run the factories.

For the sake of discussion lets say China takes Taiwan and Russia takes Ukraine. At best it's a bitter victory. China would be isolated from most of the world and Russia would see Europe actually begin to rebuild their militaries. What about the USA? We can grow more than enough food for us and the allies we like. We can produce more than enough energy to serve us and our allies. We can build the high end chips if we have to and we can cut off oil production from the Middle East to our enemies.

I say to hell with the surrender monkey's get Brandon out of the WH and lets stand up for ourselves and those who want to be with us.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

Gen. Kellogg expresses deep concern about Biden admin amid China tensions: 'Not sure they're up to this fight'

Gen. Keith Kellogg (Ret.) joined "America Reports" Tuesday to share his concerns about China building up their military and holding drills around Taiwan. The former national security adviser to VP Mike Pence said he doubts the Biden administration's commitment to defending Taiwan, predicting the situation will "come to a head" within two years.

KEITH KELLOGG: My concern is that we're going to be left on a ledge there. Look what Macron just said when he left out of China just a few days ago. He talked about strategic autonomy there, not really getting involved in the China issue. When you're looking at China in the Western Pacific, you're looking at a great power competition in the rawest of forms, and you're looking at what China is able to do, especially militarily. They're building up their ICBM fleet, they're developing a new third carrier. That means they will have more carriers than any other nation of the world besides the United States. …......

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kellogg-expresses-deep-concern-biden-admin-china-tensions-sure-fight

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Could this be the first US "BYOB"* war?

*bring your own bullets

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Have the Pacific naval surface vessels stoppped colliding with other ships?

Have the Pacific naval submarines stopped colliding with underwater sea mounts?

Have the Pacific naval surveillance ships had any autonomous underwater vehicles confiscated by the Chi-com navy recently?

Have any US spy planes needed to make emergency landings at Chi-com airfields?

The US Navy has really been embarassing itself in the Western Pacific in recent times.  I guess the top shelf admirals were assigned to the Middle East theater while the flunky admirals were assigned to the Western Pacific.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.