Author Topic: Cracker Barrel Is Under Fire for Its "Racist" Name  (Read 2020 times)

Offline verga

Re: Cracker Barrel Is Under Fire for Its "Racist" Name
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2023, 11:53:17 am »
In the Boy Scouts it is used to refer to an evening gathering of adults to discuss the days events and p[lans for the next day.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2023, 12:19:31 pm »
There are at least 3 within 20 miles of where I live here in Virginia

I’ve been told it’s good as family food chains go. Never been to one but I know of two within 20 miles from me.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2023, 01:56:21 pm »
I’ve been told it’s good as family food chains go. Never been to one but I know of two within 20 miles from me.

It's usually pretty decent.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2023, 01:57:49 pm »
It's usually pretty decent.

The only one I remember we had closed in the late '80's or early '90's, but I do remember how good their Chicken Livers were.  Wonder if they still serve them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 02:44:42 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2023, 02:42:49 pm »
The only I remember we had closed in the late '80's or early '90's, but I do remember how good their Chicken Livers were.  Wonder if they still serve them.

Doesn't look like it, at least not based on their online menu:  https://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu/chicken-n-turkey

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2023, 02:47:19 pm »
Doesn't look like it, at least not based on their online menu:  https://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu/chicken-n-turkey

Oops...  I am sorry, I was talking about Po Folks.  We have a Cracker Barrell fairly nearby, but haven't been for some time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2023, 02:48:56 pm »
Oops...  I am sorry, I was talking about Po Folks.  We have a Cracker Barrell fairly nearby, but haven't been for some time.

My mistake.  Sorry!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2023, 02:52:24 pm »
My mistake.  Sorry!

No, my mistake, looking it up, it appears that only 5 Po Folks are left.  All in FL.  And the menu does have Livers and Gizzards, so if I ever have a hankering for a 600 mile road trip for some fast food.   :silly:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 02:58:12 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2023, 02:56:04 pm »
No, my mistake, looking it up, it appears that only 5 Po Folks are left.  All in FL.  And the menu does have Livers and Gizzards, so if I ever have a hankering for a 600 mile for some fast food.   :silly:

:thumbsup:

Back in the day, I don't know if we would have done 600 miles, but my friends and I did make a couple of long drives to go some places for food - there was a place about 20 miles away from us that served the best darned breakfast buffet - crisp (not soggy) bacon, eggs, etc, etc, etc, with a really cheap all you can eat option.  Those were some good road trips.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2023, 03:01:03 pm »
:thumbsup:

Back in the day, I don't know if we would have done 600 miles, but my friends and I did make a couple of long drives to go some places for food - there was a place about 20 miles away from us that served the best darned breakfast buffet - crisp (not soggy) bacon, eggs, etc, etc, etc, with a really cheap all you can eat option.  Those were some good road trips.

Was this you and your posse'?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2023, 03:05:43 pm »
Of course it's racist, fool. Ain't nuthin' but crackers go there (including me).

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2023, 03:34:17 pm »