Author Topic: Warning signs flash for Republicans on abortion ahead of 2024  (Read 231 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warning signs flash for Republicans on abortion ahead of 2024
Julia Manchester

Republicans are grappling with how they message on abortion in next year’s elections, after the party suffered a defeat in the highly contested Wisconsin Supreme Court race on Tuesday.

Milwaukee County Judge Janet Protasiewicz’s victory handed a majority to liberals on the court for the first time in 15 years, along with abortion rights activists fighting to make the procedure legal in the state following the overturning of Roe v. Wade last year. Her win follows a slew of Democratic and abortion rights victories across the country during last year’s midterms.

However, the liberal victory in a presidential battleground and hotly contested Senate state signals that Republicans and anti-abortion rights activists have a steep hill to climb going into 2024.

“When you’re losing by ten points there is a messaging issue and abortion is still an issue and we can’t allow Democrats to define Republicans and put millions of dollars up in lies and have it go unanswered because the lies become the truth if they go unanswered,” Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel told Fox News this week.

McDaniel went on to call for Republicans to put Democrats “on the defense” on the issue by labeling them as extreme abortion.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3939740-warning-signs-flash-for-republicans-on-abortion-ahead-of-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Warning signs flash for Republicans on abortion ahead of 2024
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 03:58:47 pm »
It’s not just the abortion issue :whistle:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023, 04:43:41 pm »
It’s not just the abortion issue :whistle:

It's an issue that could be 'terminal' for the Republican Party, as long as women are allowed to vote.

It's like: 

Towering flames coming out of MY second story windows??  BFD!  Stop cutting across MY lawn!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023, 04:45:36 pm »
We got the perfect issue to counter with - transgender grooming, if we will use it.

When you got around half the nation or more depending on the jurisdiction that will vote for self-righteousness over self-survival, you got big problems.
The Republic is lost.