Author Topic: George Floyd riots rewritten as "2020 fires"  (Read 338 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
George Floyd riots rewritten as "2020 fires"
« on: April 09, 2023, 03:38:24 pm »
George Floyd riots rewritten as "2020 fires"
DAVID STROM 6:41 PM on April 07, 2023

Remember the George Floyd riots of 2020?

I do. Vast swathes of my city were burned down including a police precinct–a first. The City of Minneapolis actually evacuated and abandoned a police precinct and let rioters burn it down.

It was pretty traumatic for the city. It took days to get the city back under control. The National Guard had to be called out, and even then it took days to retake the city. I lent my neighbor a gun. As a Black man, he was surprised I would and very grateful. We were in it together, protecting each other against a mob. He bought a gun soon after. First time ever for him.

Well my local NBC station has figured out how to describe the destruction during those times. And it isn’t riot.

In fact, nobody did anything at all. What happened was an event that had nothing to do with human agency: it was “the fires.” They just sort of happened.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/04/07/george-floyd-riots-rewritten-as-2020-fires-n542388
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: George Floyd riots rewritten as "2020 fires"
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 10:33:30 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023, 10:41:09 pm »
I wonder if there was some intimidation being deployed by BLM against the media?

Or, most likely, the media supports those riots
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 02:50:39 am »
I wonder if there was some intimidation being deployed by BLM against the media?

Or, most likely, the media supports those riots
Well, despite the fiery backgrounds, they described them as "mostly peaceful protests".

Who believes anything they say any more?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis