Author Topic: China, Russia propaganda wither as cameras multiply, US admiral says  (Read 92 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China, Russia propaganda wither as cameras multiply, US admiral says
By Colin Demarest
 Wednesday, Apr 5

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — The proliferation of cameras now in use around the world make it increasingly difficult for China and Russia to control the narrative in international disputes, according to a senior U.S. Navy intelligence official.

Photographs and other documentation of run-ins between Chinese and Russian forces and those of other countries have proven critical to debunking propaganda, establishing factual timelines and holding Presidents Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin to account, Rear Adm. Mike Studeman said April 5 at the Navy League’s Sea-Air-Space conference in National Harbor, Maryland.

Among recent examples, he said, was Russian harassment of a U.S. Air Force intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance drone, which splashed into the Black Sea after an in-air collision in March. Footage captured by the MQ-9 Reaper — and quickly made public — showed two Russian Su-27 jets flying erratically, dumping fuel and the crash that ultimately forced it down.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/intel-geoint/2023/04/05/china-russia-propaganda-wither-as-cameras-multiply-us-admiral-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: China, Russia propaganda wither as cameras multiply, US admiral says
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 03:33:50 pm »
Don't the "intellectual elite" ever look how the enemy is likely to respond?  The world knows this administration lies every chance they get.  If I were China or Russia, I'd create phony pictures to prove my point while accusing America of doing the doctoring to prove theirs.  In most of the world, China and Russia will be believed ahead of the Biden run America. *hmmmm*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson