Author Topic: Virginia siblings become first Black triplets to join the Navy  (Read 86 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Virginia siblings become first Black triplets to join the Navy
The siblings were inspired by their parents, who met while serving in the Navy.

ByJoanne Aran and Amanda Su via logo
April 5, 2023, 1:59 PM

Andrea, Adrion, and Ayrion Sutton are the first Black triplets to enlist in the Navy together.

Being in the Navy is a family affair for the Sutton siblings, Ayrion, Andrea, and Adrion. The 20-year-olds from Virginia recently enlisted together, making history as the first Black triplets to do so, according to the Navy Recruitment Office.

The siblings were inspired by their parents Andre Sutton and Tiffany Sutton, who met while serving on the USS Arctic in 1999. The triplets have in turn inspired their father, who recently reenlisted.

The idea to enlist originated with Adrion Sutton, the youngest of the triplets, who has wanted to join the Navy since the beginning of high school.

"What motivated me to join was hearing my parents talk about how good the Navy was when we was growing up and seeing my dad come home from long months, not being at home and taking care of the family," Adrion Sutton told "GMA3."

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Living/virginia-siblings-become-black-triplets-join-navy/story?id=98377944
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Virginia siblings become first Black triplets to join the Navy
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 03:13:00 pm »
I'm surprised ABC would write an article about patriotic black Americans. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson