Author Topic: California bill would create missing persons alert ONLY for black women, children  (Read 2246 times)

Online mountaineer

No, this is not from the Babylon Bee.
     Apr 8, 2023
California bill would create missing persons alert ONLY for black women, children
The Amber Alert system is not race-segregated like the Ebony Alert would be.
Libby Emmons

A new bill proposed in California would create an "Ebony Alert" system to specifically notifiy the public when black women and children go missing. While the state already has a missing persons alert system, this one would only be for black women and children.

The state currently has an Amber Alert for missing children, a Silver Alert for missing elderly persons, and a Feather Alert for missing indigenous persons. The Amber Alert system is not race-segregated like the Ebony Alert would be.

In a release on the race-based crime bill, state senator Steven Bradford said that the bill would "address the often ignored or lack of attention given to Black children and young Black women that are missing in California."

His reasoning is that black children, which comprised 38 percent of those reported missing in the US, are often classified as runaways, meaning that their disappearance does not trigger the Amber Alert system. ...
Post Millennial

"Feather Alert" sounds like stereotyping to me, Kemosabe.
I've seen very many Amber alerts in my region about missing black children. They aren't ignored. Bradford is an idiot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Democrats  -  Opposing Equal Protection since 1836.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
WOuld they use a Feather alert if Liz Warren goes missing?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
WOuld they use a Feather alert if Liz Warren goes missing?

You would have to find someone who gave a dang to report it first.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You would have to find someone who gave a dang to report it first.

Good point.  :pondering:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

A new bill proposed in California would create an "Ebony Alert" system to specifically notifiy the public when black women and children go missing. While the state already has a missing persons alert system, this one would only be for black women and children.

The state currently has an Amber Alert for missing children, a Silver Alert for missing elderly persons, and a Feather Alert for missing indigenous persons. The Amber Alert system is not race-segregated like the Ebony Alert would be.

In a release on the race-based crime bill, state senator Steven Bradford said that the bill would "address the often ignored or lack of attention given to Black children and young Black women that are missing in California."

His reasoning is that black children, which comprised 38 percent of those reported missing in the US, are often classified as runaways, meaning that their disappearance does not trigger the Amber Alert system.

https://thepostmillennial.com/california-bill-would-create-missing-persons-alert-only-for-black-women-children
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,blacks ARE the only important peepulls in Ca.

Illegals from south of the border run a close second,but they just ain't dark enough for local standards.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Well,blacks ARE the only important peepulls in Ca.

Thay needz to keap ther sports teems stockd.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@rangerrebew

Troo dat!

BTW,you  misspelled the word "dey".
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 06:57:54 pm by sneakypete »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So you're saying it's the only way for California teams to keep the teams in other states from stealing their Black athletes? I don't even comprehend what your statement has to do with a racist proposal by a racist in California, nor what if anything it has to do with athletes. Are you saying all Black women are athletes, or only the ones in California?
And in before the lighten up Lucille comment, Francis.

Online Wingnut

I want an Ivory alert.  Ebony and Ivory

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's California.
Who cares?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's California.
Who cares?

@Fishrrman

Well,at one time it WAS a very nice part of America.

Then the communists took over.

They only took over because "we,the people" in charge at that time allowed them to take over.

Offline Kamaji

Online mountaineer

UPDATE Oct. 10, 2023
Governor signs Senator Bradford’s “Ebony Alert” legislation to help bring home missing Black youth and Black women
SB 673 gives police another tool and raises public awareness
October 09, 2023
Press Release from Calif. Sen. Steven Bradford

Governor Gavin Newsom has signed SB 673, Senator Steven Bradford’s “Ebony Alert” legislation.

California will become the first state to create an alert notification system to address the crisis of missing Black children and young Black women between the ages of 12 and 25.

“Today, California is taking bold and needed action to locate missing Black children and Black women in California. I want to thank the Governor for signing the Ebony Alert into law,” said Bradford. “Our Black children and young women are disproportionately represented on the lists of missing persons. This is heartbreaking and painful for so many families and a public crisis for our entire state. The Ebony Alert can change this.”

According to the Black and Missing Foundation, 38% of children reported missing in the U.S. are Black. The U.S. population is 14% Black.  Black children are disproportionately classified as “runaways” in comparison to white children who are classified as “missing.” As a result, many Black children do not receive the Amber Alert or media attention highlighting that they are missing.

Black women and girls are at increased risk of being harmed and trafficked.  A recent report on human trafficking incidents across the country found that 40% of sex trafficking victims were identified as Black women. 

SB 673 authorizes a law enforcement agency to request that an Ebony Alert be activated by the California Highway Patrol if the investigating agency determines that it would be helpful. Similar to the Amber Alert, the Ebony Alert would activate electronic highway signs to alert the public of the missing person. ...
The Amber Alert would go into effect if a little black child were missing, though, so what's the point? Seems a bit, you know, redundant.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1711866786159673390
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 10:53:47 pm by mountaineer »

Offline PeteS in CA

Will there be Fruitcake Alerts for missing Dem pols?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
UPDATE Oct. 10, 2023The Amber Alert would go into effect if a little black child were missing, though, so what's the point? Seems a bit, you know, redundant.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1711866786159673390

@mountaineer

And here I wuz,thinkin we wuz all equal here in de USA!

Ah guess da systim in use wadn't gud nough for da black sistas,and dey nead "SPECIAL equal treatment"?

Larn sumptin noo ebery day!

Yew GO,Aunt Jamimah!

Online Wingnut

Ebony and Ivory.

We all know that people are the same where ever you go
There is good and bad in everyone
And we learn to live, we learn to give each other
What we need to survive together alive
\
Except in Califorina

Offline PeteS in CA

So Goobernor Noisome and fellow Dems somehow believe that the people who fail to report disappearances of blacks to the Amber Alert system will nevertheless report disappearances of blacks to the Ebony Alert system? I do not think reality will conform to their imagining.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So Goobernor Noisome and fellow Dems somehow believe that the people who fail to report disappearances of blacks to the Amber Alert system will nevertheless report disappearances of blacks to the Ebony Alert system? I do not think reality will conform to their imagining.

@PeteS in CA

Doesn't matter because it gives them just one more source to embezzle money from,while hiring their cousins children at inflated salaries to run it.

For a percentage of the cut,of course.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@mountaineer

And here I wuz,thinkin we wuz all equal here in de USA!

Ah guess da systim in use wadn't gud nough for da black sistas,and dey nead "SPECIAL equal treatment"?

Larn sumptin noo ebery day!

Yew GO,Aunt Jamimah!
Aunt Jemimah has been missing for a while.
Used to see her and Uncle Ben at the grocery store all the time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

More racism from the fruitcakes in Kalifornia.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Serious question, since this will be an ebony alert system just for Blacks will the alerts be made using ebonics? I mean since they obviously don't want Whitey involved. What's next will the Hispanic democrats demand a Taco or Tortilla alert system?

Online mountaineer

Even NBC News admits California’s newly enacted “Ebony Alert” law is the first of its kind in the nation to prioritize the search for Black youth gone missing.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1711856880731988182

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,they ARE,after all,the only ones important.