Author Topic: Legal Sunday, illegal Monday: Illinois hunters warned they could run afoul of gun ban  (Read 899 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The provision of Illinois’ gun and magazine ban beginning Monday is affecting resident and nonresident hunters.

The ban on semi-automatic guns and magazine enacted Jan. 10 says 90 days after, gun owners can no longer be in public places with certain firearms. This is not just affecting what guns concealed carry license holders can carry, or what kinds of magazines they can have with their carry firearm, it is also affecting hunters.

Illinois State Police say on their frequently asked questions website that prohibited firearms are still allowed on private property for hunters.

“Yes, you can hunt under these circumstances as long as you are on your private property or on private property with permission from the land owner and you are adhering to the 520 ILCS 5/ of the Wildlife Code; however, additional regulations will be forthcoming,” the website said.

But, Josh Witkowski with Illinois Federation of Outdoor Resources, said hunters have issues.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/legal-sunday-illegal-monday-hunters-illinois-warned-they-could-run
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

It’s easier for the left to blame crime on hunters than their own soft on crime policies

When gun grabbers claim “we are not trying to take guns from hunters and people wanting firearms to defend themselves,” every law they pass and introduce says otherwise
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:15:19 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy