Author Topic: US Agency Advances New Rule Targeting Portable Gas-Powered Generators  (Read 108 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Agency Advances New Rule Targeting Portable Gas-Powered Generators
CPSC votes unanimously for more safety measures to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning

April 6, 2023Updated: April 7, 2023

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) voted unanimously on April 5 to advance a proposal that would enable portable generators to emit less carbon monoxide and shut down the devices automatically if the odorless, potentially toxic gas reaches a certain level.

The rule would “protect unsuspecting consumers from carbon monoxide poisoning associated with portable generators,” noting that it is a “well-documented hazard, responsible for more than 1,300 deaths and 17,000 injuries over the past 18 years,” CPSC Commissioner Mary T. Boyle confirmed (pdf).

“By advancing this rulemaking process, we are taking action aimed squarely at preventing harm and saving lives,” she wrote. “The proposed rule before us sets clear, science-based expectations for manufacturers. It requires them to build safer generators with lower emissions and automatic shut-off mechanisms. The specifics in the rule match up with standards developed by industry-led organizations.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/federal-agency-pushes-new-rules-targeting-portable-gas-powered-generators_5176647.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: US Agency Advances New Rule Targeting Portable Gas-Powered Generators
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 05:31:30 pm »
Safety, Riiiiiight