Author Topic: V-22 Osprey Production Is Headed For A Premature Shutdown If Congress Doesn’t Act  (Read 91 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
V-22 Osprey Production Is Headed For A Premature Shutdown If Congress Doesn’t Act
Loren Thompson
Senior Contributor

Apr 6, 2023,10:13am EDT
The V-22 Osprey is unique among the world’s aircraft in combining the vertical agility of a helicopter with the speed and range of a turboprop airplane. It accomplishes this feat by tilting its twin engines after takeoff so that the rotors are faced forward rather than upward.

It’s a simple idea that contractors BoeingBA +0.7% and Bell/TextronTXT -0.3% have refined to a point where the Osprey isn’t just the most agile aircraft in the joint fleet—it is also one of the safest. Boeing and Bell/Textron both contribute to my think tank.

The Marine Corps has transformed its operations by replacing conventional helicopters with the V-22. Air Force special operators have used a longer-range variant to execute missions that previously were not feasible. And the Navy is replacing the turboprops that supplied aircraft carriers at sea with its own version.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2023/04/06/v-22-osprey-production-is-headed-for-a-premature-shutdown-if-congress-doesnt-act/?sh=155641e15c1a
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 01:48:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Republicans don't do no stinkin' acts. 0380000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson