Author Topic: Youngkin says upcoming Taiwan trip not a sign he's moving closer toward 2024 presidential run  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Virginia Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin says his upcoming trip to Taiwan is not a sign that he's closer to running for president in 2024.

Youngkin is leading a delegation in April to Tapei City, Taiwan, Tokyo, Japan and Seoul, South Korea.

"No, my sole purpose is to represent Virginia and to make sure that these investments that are being made in America by these trusted partners can come to Virginia," he said after giving out a "Spirit of Virginia" award to Cameron's Coffee and Cupcakes in Fairfax on Thursday.

"You know, one of the realities is that Virginia is one of the best states in America, I plan on making it the best and I'm so encouraged that heads of countries want to meet with me, and to recognize the fact that as the governor of Virginia, I want to go make sure they know the benefits of the best workforce, the best infrastructure, the best economy, the best place to serve the rest of America, and the best place to live in," he added.

https://justthenews.com/government/state-houses/youngkin-says-his-upcoming-taiwan-trip-not-sign-2024-presidential-run
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Youngkin is not presidential material at this time.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I like the man, a lot. And agree @Fishrrman

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@Fishrrman   @Right_in_Virginia

LOL!  Totally agree.  He caught lightening in a bottle when McAuliffe sided with Virginia teacher unions and declared parents had no business interfering with their current curricula.

A can of orange juice could have whipped the Democrat candidate.

That said, he's personable.  Needs facial hair and a $100 haircut.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

Why?

I’m not saying he is. I’m just curious why you don’t think so
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Mr. Youngkin needs some aging and development, but with a few years as governor of Virginia he’ll get there.  He’s got promise.  Looks like a possible up-and-coming one-two punch with DeSantis and Youngkin, once the current deadwood is removed.

Offline libertybele

Why?

Well, he's considered a hard-core conservative and so far though he hasn't been in the news a lot, I think he'd make a good candidate from what I can tell.

https://www.ontheissues.org/Glenn_Youngkin.htm
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Fishrrman   @Right_in_Virginia

LOL!  Totally agree.  He caught lightening in a bottle when McAuliffe sided with Virginia teacher unions and declared parents had no business interfering with their current curriculum.

I think Youngkin's earning his domestic stripes, and in an adversarial environment.  @DCPatriot   I'd like to see more street cred on international issues.  A stint as Trump's SOS would go a long way for Youngkin in 2028.

Offline Kamaji

I think Youngkin's earning his domestic stripes, and in an adversarial environment.  @DCPatriot   I'd like to see more street cred on international issues.  A stint as Trump's SOS would go a long way for Youngkin in 2028.

A stint with Trump would spell the end of his political career.  That would be a big mistake on his part.

Online Right_in_Virginia

A stint with Trump would spell the end of his political career. 

No worries, it won't.

Offline LMAO

Mr. Youngkin needs some aging and development, but with a few years as governor of Virginia he’ll get there.  He’s got promise.  Looks like a possible up-and-coming one-two punch with DeSantis and Youngkin, once the current deadwood is removed.

I still stand by my prediction that the next Republican president will probably be a current or former Republican governor. I just don’t know who or when.

You just never hear much about Youngkin
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

'I think' being the operative word here. Your opinion has zero political weight or credibility because you have zero political experience. You can self-anoint and self-appoint all you want, but you simply too much of a lightweight to tell any Governor that they need to get more shoe leather before they have the chops to be President.

Go earn some stripes yourself before you tell anyone with more political experience than you that they need to earn their stripes.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

'I think' being the operative word here. Your opinion has zero political weight or credibility because you have zero political experience. You can self-anoint and self-appoint all you want, but you simply too much of a lightweight to tell any Governor that they need to get more shoe leather before they have the chops to be President.

Go earn some stripes yourself before you tell anyone with more political experience than you that they need to earn their stripes.

The MAGAs make statements along the lines of  “so and so is not ready to be president as they need to get more experience.”

But they carved out quite an exemption for Trump in 2016. 

Youngkin, DeSantis, Abbott, and anyone here has every right to try to become POTUS as long as they meet the Constitutional requirements whether the MAGAs like it or not

« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:01:53 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why?

Why because TRUMPTRUMPETYTRUMPTRUMPETYTRUMP....that's why, there shall be no other before the TRUMP!

Offline Kamaji

I still stand by my prediction that the next Republican president will probably be a current or former Republican governor. I just don’t know who or when.

You just never hear much about Youngkin

Which, in part, is why I think he needs more aging at state government level.

Offline ScottinVA

Glad to see our great Governor forego running for President this time around.  As a young guy, he has plenty of time for that later.

Offline Kamaji

Glad to see our great Governor forego running for President this time around.  As a young guy, he has plenty of time for that later.

:thumbsup: