Author Topic: 3rd segment of state-funded border wall going up in Texas’ Rio Grande Valley  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
3rd segment of state-funded border wall going up in Texas’ Rio Grande Valley
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: Apr 6, 2023 / 05:34 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 6, 2023 / 05:35 PM CDT

STARR COUNTY, Texas (Border Report) — Dusty, yellow-flowering prickly pear and the rare brown jay birds are common sights in this part of rural western Starr County. But what’s new now is a 30-foot-tall metal border wall that is going up in what were once dense ranchlands.

The son of the ranch’s landowner told Border Report on Wednesday that his family sold a section of their property to the state of Texas to be part of Gov. Greg Abbott’s Operation Lone Star border security initiative.

10,000 migrants apprehended in 48 hours, Border Patrol chief says
A spokeswoman for the Texas Facilities Commission — the state agency that manages all state-funded border wall projects — would not confirm that this new segment miles northwest of the small town of Roma is a state project.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/the-border-wall/3rd-segment-of-state-funded-border-wall-going-up-in-texas-rio-grande-valley/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Border Report that she is concerned that construction noise and debris will impact the summer nesting season for many wild birds in the area.

“The construction disruption would be awful. It would take out an awful lot of habitat in the environment through here,” Hughes said. “And if they’re doing it in the summer it’s right in nesting season. Taking out trees that are food sources for the birds. It would be significant.”

Yo, Lady! The birds will adapt. They will survive, especially after all those invaders who really don't care about the environment quit stomping through the brush on their way to elsewhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Better than nothing, but it needs to be 15 feet higher and about 2-3 feet thick: