Author Topic: How to destroy the claim that the West must cut CO2 emissions  (Read 98 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How to destroy the claim that the West must cut CO2 emissions
Creative destruction

POSTED ON 15 MAR 23
BY ROBIN GUENIERIN AFRICA, CLIMATE CHANGE, NET ZERO, POLITICS, STATS

To justify the claim that Western countries must cut their CO2 emissions, the following statements must all be true:

1. The world is warming

2. Humanity is the cause

3. It’s dangerous

4. We can fix it 

Therefore, to destroy the claim, you only have to falsify one of them. But which one? Sceptics commonly choose 1, 2 or 3 – largely because they feel strongly about the issues involved. But that’s a mistake: in attempting to falsify any of these, you get bogged down in areas of science where, however learned you may be and however cogent and valid your arguments, you end up with ‘my experts vs. your experts’, where minds cannot be changed and where you may well be accused of being a ‘denier’ or an advocate for fossil fuel interests. That’s what’s been happening for years. And it’s why sceptics are getting nowhere and why Western governments are continuing to pursue their disastrous climate policies.

https://cliscep.com/2023/03/15/how-to-destroy-the-claim-that-the-west-must-cut-co2-emissions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson