Author Topic: Climate Change Is Not Harming Crop Productivity. Net Zero Mandates Are  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY LINNEA LUEKEN ON APR 6, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Climate Change Is Not Harming Crop Productivity. Net Zero Mandates Are

sri lanka protestorsA recent post by AgFunder News, a news site that covers “foodtech” and “agtech” startups and venture capital topics, reports that climate change is harming the growth in crop productivity.

This is false.

The post largely parrots claims made in the latest U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Sixth Synthesis Report that climate change threatens food production. [emphasis, links added]

However, actual global food production data show no sign that crop production or yields have declined due to climate change.

The article, “Climate change is slowing growth in agricultural productivity, latest IPCC report finds,” accurately observes that extreme weather like floods and drought can impact crop production.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-change-is-not-harming-crop-productivity-net-zero-mandates-are/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson