Author Topic: McCarthy, After Meeting With Taiwan's President: 'Today, We Stood Up to China'  (Read 586 times)

Offline libertybele

McCarthy, After Meeting With Taiwan's President: 'Today, We Stood Up to China'

China, already furious about House Speaker Kevin McCarthy's meeting with Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen on her "transit" through the United States, has new fodder for complaint on Thursday.

A bipartisan congressional delegation, led by House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas), arrived in Taiwan overnight.

"While there, the delegation will meet with Taiwanese business leaders, as well as senior Taiwanese officials from the executive and legislative branches to discuss ways the U.S. can strengthen our economic and defense relationship with Taiwan in the face of growing threats in the region," McCaul said in a statement.

The Americans' visit to Taiwan comes a day after McCarthy met with President Tsai at the Reagan Library:

"Today, we stood up to China," McCarthy told Fox News's Laura Ingraham Wednesday night.................

https://cnsnews.com/article/international/susan-jones/mccarthy-after-meeting-taiwans-president-today-we-stood-china
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

We shall see about that.

Offline berdie

We shall see about that.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Not while the Chi-coms own US Debt and iPhones are still manufactured in PRC.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright