Author Topic: Everything We Know About Project Overmatch, the Navy's Secret Maritime Program  (Read 88 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Everything We Know About Project Overmatch, the Navy's Secret Maritime Program
The mission: make warships more aware of their adversaries at sea.

Headshot of Sascha Brodsky

BY SASCHA BRODSKYPUBLISHED: APR 4, 2023

A secret U.S. Navy program that aims to improve information sharing among military forces is taking shape.

Project Overmatch is being tested with the Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group off the California coast. The project is part of the Pentagon’s multi-billion-dollar Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2) effort, which is intended to establish seamless communication and give warships better awareness of adversaries at sea.

“Fundamentally, this is all about management of data, exchange of data,” David Deptula, the dean of the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies and a retired Air Force lieutenant general, said at an industry event, via Defense News. “Without the appropriate infrastructure, you can’t be able to do the data, connectivity or networking. Without the security, all of it falls apart because you’re yielding a huge weakness and vulnerability to our adversary.”

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a43509514/everything-we-know-about-project-overmatch-navy-secret-program/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Secret program? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson