Author Topic: Report by feds, anglers cites offshore wind impacts on fish  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report by feds, anglers cites offshore wind impacts on fish
« on: April 06, 2023, 01:08:59 pm »
Report by feds, anglers cites offshore wind impacts on fish

A joint study by two federal government scientific agencies and the commercial fishing industry documents numerous impacts that offshore wind power projects have on fish and marine mammals

ByWAYNE PARRY Associated Press
March 31, 2023, 2:59 PM

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- A joint study by two federal government scientific agencies and the commercial fishing industry documents numerous impacts that offshore wind power projects have on fish and marine mammals, including noise, vibration, electromagnetic fields and heat transfer that could alter the marine environment.

It comes as the offshore wind industry is poised to grow rapidly on the U.S. East Coast, where it is facing growing opposition from those who blame it for killing whales — something numerous scientific agencies say is not true.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management and the Responsible Offshore Development Alliance issued their report Wednesday after a 2 1/2-year-long study of the impacts existing offshore wind projects have on fish and marine mammals.

The goal was to solidify existing knowledge of the impacts and call for further research in many areas.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/report-feds-anglers-cites-offshore-wind-impacts-fish-98274222
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Report by feds, anglers cites offshore wind impacts on fish
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 09:55:52 pm »
"It comes as the offshore wind industry is poised to grow rapidly on the U.S. East Coast, where it is facing growing opposition from those who blame it for killing whales — something numerous scientific agencies say is not true."

These "numerous scientific agencies"... are now politicized, and as thus can no longer be trusted.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Report by feds, anglers cites offshore wind impacts on fish
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 10:06:40 pm »
Offshore wind is a scam.

If the NIMBY's are claiming that wind turbines near their vacation houses pose a danger onshore, why can't the same be said for wind turbines offshore?

The construction and maintenance activities will interfere with marine migration, feeding, and breeding.

A North Atlantic Right Whale calf has been seen nursing with its mother near the same waters that are supposed to be the site for Cape Wind offshore wind turbine farm.

There's no reason wind turbines can't be located along the shore, on land, where they will not harm environmentally important and economically important marine life.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.