Author Topic: Gianno Caldwell slams election of progressive mayor as crime rises: 'What the hell were you thinking  (Read 852 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 April 5, 2023 8:33pm EDT
Gianno Caldwell slams election of progressive mayor as crime rises: 'What the hell were you thinking Chicago?'
Brandon Johnson defeated Chris Vallas in the Chicago mayoral election
By Ashley Carnahan | Fox News

Progressive candidate Brandon Johnson defeated former Chicago Public Schools CEO Paul Vallas in the Chicago mayoral election Tuesday, but some critics say his policies are worse than those of outgoing Mayor Lori Lightfoot.

Fox News’ Gianno Caldwell, whose teenage brother Christian was murdered in the Windy City last year, spoke out about Johnson’s win, saying it was "horrific" for Chicago residents.

"[This] to me was the signing of thousands of death certificates of people who don't have to die because of the policies of which he's advocated for," he said Wednesday on "Your World." "This is a guy who's defunded the police, who's advocated for that, who's defended rioters and looters, who's not thought about public safety, who the police department, the police union, rather, has said that multiple police officers would resign with his election at stake."

Caldwell argued Democrats and Republicans agreed Lightfoot’s leadership and policies were "horrific," but said Johnson "stands to be worse than her."

Johnson's priorities, according to his campaign website, range from "public safety and police reform" and "environmental justice" to "gender equity" and "education." Additionally, he has committed to promoting 200 detectives from rank-and-file officers to help ease caseloads and has argued for increased city spending on mental health care, schools and affordable housing to address the root causes of crime.

He has also supported having social workers and EMTs respond to some 911 calls instead of armed police officers.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/gianno-caldwell-slams-election-progressive-mayor-crime-rises-what-hell-thinking-chicago
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gianno was the first person I thought of when hearing this result.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
With all the 'transparency and honesty' surrounding elections, I have to ask, was this election legitimate?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

Precarious prediction

At some point, there will be a recall attempt on their new mayor
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO:
"At some point, there will be a recall attempt on their new mayor"

Precarious, indeed.
I doubt he'll be recalled.
He is EXACTLY what the people who voted for him WANT.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Who's left residing within Chicago city limits?

Anyone with common sense and means has already left.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright