Author Topic: With illegal immigrant handout, Boston shows why stimulus money was a mistake  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
With illegal immigrant handout, Boston shows why stimulus money was a mistake
By Tom Joyce April 05, 2023 06:13 AM

Illegal immigrants will attend college for free in Boston next school year, and Americans will pay for it regardless of where they live.

Last week, the Mayor's Office of Workforce Development under Boston Mayor Michelle Wu announced a $4 million expansion of the city's Tuition-Free Community College Plan.

MAYORKAS CALLS MIGRANT SURGE A 'SIGNIFICANT CHALLENGE' WHEN PRESSED TO ADMIT CRISIS

Previously, it was a targeted program for some recent high school graduates who qualified for Pell Grants. Since illegal immigrants do not qualify for Pell Grants, they were ineligible to use the program.

However, the city is using the money to expand eligibility to all its residents, regardless of their immigration status. Therefore, illegal immigrants will be eligible for the program starting with the fall 2023 semester.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/with-illegal-immigrant-handout-boston-shows-why-stimulus-money-was-a-mistake
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
:facepalm2:

It makes me wonder how Pilgrims survived without government handouts and aid. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Uggg ... Mayor Wu is fast becoming the second coming of Mike Dukakis.  There isn't a working person's dollar she doesn't covet for redistribution.

The Feds need to stop giving block grants to states and cities.  The Feds need to specifiy where the money is to be spent by the state or city.

There is no reason for taxpayers in other states to subsidize the largesse of liberal Massachusetts and Boston politicians.

Cities and States should have to submit applications for Federal dollars for enumerated or itemized projects and compete among each other to win the Federal line item grants.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 02:45:43 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

There is no reason for taxpayers in other states to subsidize the largesse of liberal Massachusetts and Boston politicians.

There is if you are an anti-American Democrat!
Thomas Jefferson