Author Topic: Texas Senate Approves Legislation to Rein in Radical District Attorneys  (Read 423 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Sydnie Henry April 4, 2023

“These actions set a dangerous precedent and severely undermine the authority of the Legislature.” –State Sen. Joan Huffman

Texas senators approved legislation in a vote of 21-10 that would ensure district attorneys across the state enforce the law.

“Certain Texas prosecutors have joined a trend of adopting internal policies refusing to prosecute particular laws,” said State Sen. Joan Huffman (R-Houston). “These actions set a dangerous precedent and severely undermine the authority of the Legislature.”

Senate Bill 20 by Huffman will bar prosecuting attorneys from limiting or prohibiting the enforcement of any criminal offense, whether that be by adopting and enforcing policy or by demonstrating by pattern or practice.

Any prosecutor violating this provision would be subject to the state’s removal process.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-senate-approves-legislation-to-rein-in-radical-district-attorneys/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Anything in the bill around cutting the nuts off the office of the Travis County D.A.  ?

That's got to happen before we can see any equity in our state law enforcement.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Anything in the bill around cutting the nuts off the office of the Travis County D.A.  ?

That's got to happen before we can see any equity in our state law enforcement.
Cutting? I thought it was Texas, don't they have guns for that :tongue2: But Yeah I get what you mean.