Author Topic: Team Biden Poised To Shut Down American Energy, Boost China’s Dominance  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY KEVIN MOONEY ON APR 4, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Team Biden Poised To Shut Down American Energy, Boost China’s Dominance

When the electricity fizzles and the lights go out at a time when they are needed most, the good people in charge of a critical energy grid operating across state lines will not be in a position to help anyone except historians.

Policymakers who have embraced so-called renewable energy in the name of climate change ought to take a hard look at the projections included in the most recent report from PJM Interconnection, which operates the electric transmission system in the Northeast, Western, and mid-Atlantic regions. [emphasis, links added]

Unfortunately, the report’s findings have been drowned out by the climate change activism flowing out of the Biden White House that prioritizes federal power grabs over scientific and economic realities.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/team-biden-poised-to-shut-down-american-energy-boost-chinas-dominance/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

The supply-and-demand calculus that sits at the center of PJM’s clarion calls demonstrates that renewable capacity cannot be added at a sufficient pace to replace the forced retirement of fossil fuel plants.

What PJM describes as emerging “imbalances” are in fact pending shortages and blackouts that will result from the inability of politically fashionable but unreliable energy sources to match the nation’s rising demands.

The critical cutoff period comes in 2030, according to the report. That’s when PJM’s reserve margin, the number of spare power supplies available during peak demand periods, is expected to fall to 15 percent — a precipitous drop from where it is now, about 26 percent.

Online mountaineer

Karine Jean-Pierre, with a straight face, says Biden "is focused on securing America's energy independence."

Apparently, we'll heat peoples' homes, keep the lights on in hospitals and schools, transport goods to market and harvest our crops, and charge a zillion electric vehicles - all powered by unicorn farts.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1643313706900529169
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org