Author Topic: Oregon Sued For Denying Adoption To Christian Woman Over Resistance To Child Gender Transition  (Read 553 times)

Online mountaineer

Oregon Sued For Denying Adoption To Christian Woman Over Resistance To Child Gender Transition
 Jessica Bates claims her application was rejected because she is unwilling to use pronouns that contradict biological sex.
By: Tristan Justice
April 04, 2023
With more than 8,000 children living in Oregon foster care, with 200 awaiting adoption, one might think state officials would jump at the opportunity to place a child in a loving home. Jessica Bates, a mother of 5 in southeast Oregon, hoped to provide just that to a child in need.

State officials, however, appear to have implemented a last-minute religious litmus test for adoption, preventing Bates from starting a family.

“While Bates’s Christian faith is the reason she felt called to adopt in the first place, that same faith is the reason she is not being allowed to, according to a lawsuit filed Monday,” National Review reported. “According to the lawsuit, state officials denied Bates’s application to adopt, not because of a lack of financial resources or any history of abuse or neglect, but because she acknowledged that her Christian faith informs her that gender and sex aren’t a choice.”

Bates claims her application was rejected because she is unwilling to use pronouns that contradict biological sex. Bates also said she would refuse to bring a child to medical appointments for cross-sex hormone treatments. Such treatments for minors with permanent implications are banned or restricted in 11 states. Lawmakers in at least 19 more are considering similar legislation.

“The state then put Jessica to a choice: abandon your religious convictions or forgo the possibility of ever adopting any child,” the lawsuit reads. “When Jessica stood her ground, the Department rejected her application for not meeting its ‘adoption home standards.’” ...
The Federalist

The left absolutely despise children, don't they?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Forget it, Jessica.
It's Oregon...

Offline Kamaji

In other words, the State of Oregon rejected her as a good parent because she would not consent to, or agree with, the genital mutilation of young children.

Got that?

Online mountaineer

In other words, the State of Oregon rejected her as a good parent because she would not consent to, or agree with, the genital mutilation of young children.

Got that?
In a nutshell. The state demands you agree to abuse and mutilate your adopted children, or they won't let you adopt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Remember when "FGM" was an issue with women...?
(file it under "days long gone...")

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

The state of Oregon refused to allow a Christian mother of five to adopt two children after she said her religion would not let her take a young minor to receive cross-hormone injections—a policy that could prevent up to 78% of Americans from adopting children.

“Oregon’s Department of Human Services apparently places an implacable commitment to gender ideology above the needs of the thousands of children in its care,” Quena González, senior director of government affairs at Family Research Council, told The Washington Stand.

https://en-volve.com/2023/04/07/christians-must-take-children-to-transgender-procedures-or-they-cant-adopt-oregon-state-law-says/
The Republic is lost.

Offline The_Reader_David

Too bad Western Christians regard lying as indefeasibly evil.  We Orthodox Christians do not:  St. John Chrysostom gives example of spiritual fathers who, to move those in their care to compunction, falsely confess to a sin they know (whether by ordinary human means or divine inspiration) a penitent has failed to confess, and also gives the example of a physician who knows that one in his charge needs water, but who insists on only drinking wine (which would harm the patient), smearing the lip of an unglazed vessel with wine, filling with water and telling the patient it is wine.

In this circumstance tell the woke civil "servant" whatever they want to hear, then raise the children properly.

BTW:  Happy Easter to those of you celebrating the Resurrection a week early.  We Orthodox, for our part, adhere to the decrees of Nicea and keep Pascha after the whole of what, by the Church's calculation would have been the Old Covenant Passover, not just after the first day -- this year Julian vs. Gregorian is of no consequence, the first full moon of spring was the same either way, this year you Westerners are early because Pope Gregory also changed the Paschalion in a way violating the decrees of the First Ecumenical Council.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uhhhh,what happened to the law that states "Seperation of Church and State"?

That law HAS to be un-Constitutional!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 03:22:05 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

Oregon is lost

I’m confident in my lifetime that I will be reading about Oregon having the same problems as California on every front
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oregon is lost

I’m confident in my lifetime that I will be reading about Oregon having the same problems as California on every front

@LMAO

Without RADIAL changes in both feral and local politics,the whole West Coast is lost to America within the next 5 years.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Oregon is lost

More reason for the Greater Idaho initiative to succeed.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Too bad Western Christians regard lying as indefeasibly evil.  We Orthodox Christians do not [...]

Not exactly - Though I may be a poor example to represent Western Christendom... There are explicit examples of lying for the greater good in the Bible. If I were hiding Jews from Nazis I would have no problem lying and saying there were none here...

In this circumstance tell the woke civil "servant" whatever they want to hear, then raise the children properly.

Sure... After moving the child out of state.

BTW:  Happy Easter to those of you celebrating the Resurrection a week early.  We Orthodox, for our part, adhere to the decrees of Nicea and keep Pascha after the whole of what, by the Church's calculation would have been the Old Covenant Passover, not just after the first day -- this year Julian vs. Gregorian is of no consequence, the first full moon of spring was the same either way, this year you Westerners are early because Pope Gregory also changed the Paschalion in a way violating the decrees of the First Ecumenical Council.

As a Messianic, I too keep Pascha in the way that Yah commanded. Understanding why makes the Bible bloom..

I really need to get one of the Orthodox persuasion on my porch for a while. Not that I would readily convert, But I think there would be much to learn.  Y'all are closed off... without an evangelical bent. I have had long conversations with every sort... yet the Orthodox remain elusive.