Author Topic: Chinese spy balloon was able to gather intelligence from sensitive U.S. military sites  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Chinese spy balloon was able to gather intelligence from sensitive U.S. military sites
FEATUREDWIB AIRWIB POLITICS April 3, 2023 Staff Writer 0

Update: US officials have spoken out to confirm the Chinese spy balloon that flew across the United State was able to gather intelligence from several sensitive American military sites before being shot down.

An exclusive report, based on statements from two current senior U.S. officials and one former senior administration official, claims China steered the balloon and made multiple passes over some of the sites while transmitting the information back to its country in real-time.

“The intelligence China collected was mostly from electronic signals, which can be picked up from weapons systems or include communications from base personnel, rather than images,” NBC reported.

Peter Martin, Jenny Leonard, and Jennifer Jacobs (Bloomberg News)

https://warisboring.com/chinese-spy-balloon-was-able-to-gather-intelligence-from-sensitive-u-s-military-sites/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Now I see why Biden was so reluctant to take it out! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
ranger comments:
"Now I see why Biden was so reluctant to take it out!"

As much disdain I have for ol' white joe, let's remember what happened.

Seems to me that when first told of the balloon's approach (before it got very far over America), biden told his military guys to "shoot it down".

And he was advised against doing so. And relented.

Now we all know that ol' white joe is ineffectual and can be rolled. Which is what happened (and it was our own military did "the rollin'").

But at least his first instincts were right, even if he didn't force his position on them.