Author Topic: SEA-AIR-SPACE NEWS: Service Chiefs Emphasize Need to Invest in People  (Read 79 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SEA-AIR-SPACE NEWS: Service Chiefs Emphasize Need to Invest in People
4/3/2023
By Sean Carberry   

NATIONAL HARBOR, Maryland — While there are ongoing challenges with recapitalizing ships and aircraft and acquiring new platforms, the greater challenge is recruiting the right talent to operate and maintain America’s fleets, service chiefs said Apr. 3.

Speaking at the Navy League’s annual Sea-Air-Space exposition, heads of the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Maritime Administration said they are generally satisfied with current budgeting and procurement for ships and aircraft, but they are in a war for talent, and if they and Congress do not invest in the facilities, training and support services, then the platforms are meaningless.

“It's great to be on budget for new assets — new ships and aircraft,” said Adm. Linda Fagan, Commandant of the Coast Guard. “If we don't make the investments in the people, the aircraft won't operate, the ships [won't] be able to maneuver.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/4/3/service-chiefs-emphasize-need-to-invest-in-people
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: SEA-AIR-SPACE NEWS: Service Chiefs Emphasize Need to Invest in People
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 01:36:16 pm »
Yes, indeed!  Invest in woke people. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson