Author Topic: Trump Campaign Urging DeSantis Donors to Switch Lanes  (Read 231 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Campaign Urging DeSantis Donors to Switch Lanes
« on: April 06, 2023, 07:49:12 pm »
Trump Campaign Urging DeSantis Donors to Switch Lanes

Hannah Bleau 6 Apr 2023

The Trump campaign is urging Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s donors to switch lanes concerning whom they are backing in the 2024 Republican primary race, pointing to a memo featuring polling from John McLaughlin, which concludes that former President Donald Trump is gaining “strong majority support from Republican primary voters against any opponent” and leading President Joe Biden.

In other words, per the memo, Trump stands as the best shot of taking down Democrats in 2024.

The three-page memo, obtained by Politico, was reportedly sent to DeSantis donors and offers a peek into the state of the race.

It featured results of a survey of 1,000 likely general election voters conducted on behalf of Trump’s campaign and found Trump only growing in strength in the wake of his indictment at the hands of leftist Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/06/trump-campaign-urging-desantis-donors-switch-lanes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Trump Campaign Urging DeSantis Donors to Switch Lanes
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 07:59:15 pm »
IF Trump is acquitted and doesn't have to do jail time remains to be seen and DeSantis hasn't formally declared that he's running.  He's smart to stand back and see what happens first.  Time right now is on his side.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 09:03:25 pm »
If DeSantis does declare for 2024 GOP Primaries, Trump will deprive him of campaign donations and free media air time.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 12:32:41 am »
IF Trump is acquitted and doesn't have to do jail time remains to be seen and DeSantis hasn't formally declared that he's running.  He's smart to stand back and see what happens first.  Time right now is on his side.
Trump's legal status won't be clear until sometime in 2024 - long after other GOP candidates will have to announce.  And DeSantis isn't going to declare until the Florida legislature holds the vote to end the law so that he can run without resigning the governor's office.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 12:34:28 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 12:43:21 am »
If DeSantis does declare for 2024 GOP Primaries, Trump will deprive him of campaign donations and free media air time.

The folks who disliked Trump enough to support DeSantis before aren't going to turn around and send money to Trump to win the primary.  If DeSantis runs, I don't believe money for the primaries isn't going to be an issue.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 12:49:34 am by Maj. Bill Martin »