Author Topic: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders  (Read 11342 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: LIVE THREAD...Trump Surrenders
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2023, 07:07:43 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2023, 07:08:10 pm »
Maybe I am just shooting spitballs, but the matter of the business records of a company and associated direct culpability is normally limited to a CFO and associated staff.  Smart CEO's limit their liability by removing themselves from the day to day dollars and cents.  Normally when the SEC nabs CEO's for these matters, they are confined in Civil Court.  Unless there is some direct proof saying otherwise.
That's pretty much true as a general matter. This is a closely held corporation so I'd imagine Trump actually signed some of the paperwork. It also is my understanding that a lot of Cohen's testimony is going to be putting incriminating words in Trump's mouth.

I don't have much faith in the trial judge, but I do think they're going to have a tough time establishing the essential element of intent to defraud with respect to the falsification of business records.  As Bill Barr pointed out, What seems to be lacking is the purported target of the alleged intent to defrost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2023, 07:09:23 pm »
Eric Trump
@EricTrump
·
8m
BREAKING!!! the 9th Circuit just awarded Trump $121,962.56 in attorney fees from Stormy Daniels.  Order just released. This in addition to the roughly $500k she already owes him.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2023, 07:13:12 pm »
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
·
6m
BREAKING!!! the 9th Circuit just awarded Trump $121,962.56 in attorney fees from Stormy Daniels.  Order just released. This in addition to the roughly $500k she already owes him.

LOL glad she’s out there saying her T-shirt sales are booming she’ll be able to afford to pay Trump!
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2023, 07:13:12 pm »
Eric Trump
@EricTrump
·
8m

Dang...that's a lot of nights on the street corner.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2023, 07:14:30 pm »
Julie Kelly 🇺🇸
@julie_kelly2
·
10m
If you think today is a dark day for America, just wait until Trump’s motorcade winds its way though the nation’s capital before arriving at DC federal courthouse to face criminal charges under Biden/Monaco DOJ for classified documents farce and January 6.
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2023, 07:17:49 pm »
Eric Trump
@EricTrump

3:00 PM · Apr 4, 2023

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2023, 07:20:20 pm »
Eric Trump
@EricTrump

Being awarded $$ is one thing actually getting it is quite another. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2023, 07:21:43 pm »
Eric Trump
@EricTrump

The Ninth Circus gets one right?  Everything keeps getting weirder and weirder.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2023, 07:23:09 pm »
Emerald Robinson ✝️
@EmeraldRobinson
·
2m
Watching AG Bill Barr complain about the indictment of President Trump is laughable: there’s nobody in the Trump Administration more responsible for destabilizing law & order in America than him.
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2023, 07:23:51 pm »
Biden himself is absolutely nailed on unlawful removal and retention of classified materials. 

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2023, 07:24:29 pm »
Eric Trump
@EricTrump
·
8m

:mauslaff:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2023, 07:27:12 pm »
Kate Hyde
@KateHydeNY
·
3m
The White House just called a lid on the day, of course.
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2023, 07:32:31 pm »
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
·
6m

LOL glad she’s out there saying her T-shirt sales are booming she’ll be able to afford to pay Trump!

More spitballs.......  Not sure of the details of counter suit loss (#1 and #2) by Daniels, but are their details of fraud on her behalf or other shenanigans that might be included as exculpatory evidence in Trump's trial.  To me this sounds like a trend and a losing streak,  and more data points that may strengthen Trump's case
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2023, 07:33:37 pm »
Emerald Robinson ✝️
@EmeraldRobinson
·
2m
Watching AG Bill Barr complain about the indictment of President Trump is laughable: there’s nobody in the Trump Administration more responsible for destabilizing law & order in America than him.

Bill Barr was a very good attorney general.  Some people who don't understand the role of the AG, or who believe that Barr somehow failed to stop voting fraud, need to get better educated.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2023, 07:36:25 pm »
More spitballs.......  Not sure of the details of counter suit loss (#1 and #2) by Daniels, but are their details of fraud on her behalf or other shenanigans that might be included as exculpatory evidence in Trump's trial.  To me this sounds like a trend and a losing streak,  and more data points that may strengthen Trump's case

I could be wrong, but I believe this is about her unsuccessful attempt to weasel out of the agreement that she signed.  Even though that is obviously the subject matter of the agreement in question, it isn't an issue directly relevant to the case and likely wouldn't even be admissible.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2023, 07:40:12 pm »
I could be wrong, but I believe this is about her unsuccessful attempt to weasel out of the agreement that she signed.  Even though that is obviously the subject matter of the agreement in question, it isn't an issue directly relevant to the case and likely wouldn't even be admissible.

Thanks...  I hadn't kept up with this, but makes sense that Trump would fight back at her default on her NDA.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2023, 07:46:29 pm »
Kate Hyde
@KateHydeNY
·
3m
The White House just called a lid on the day, of course.

There's a big party going on in the Eisenhower building.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2023, 07:46:37 pm »
Just for S&G, this is the felony version of the NY law for falsifying business records, NY Penal Law § 175.10:

§ 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree.
    A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.  Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

Falsifying business records in the second degree is defined as follows, NY Penal Law § 175.05:

§ 175.05 Falsifying business records in the second degree.
    A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the second degree when, with intent to defraud, he:
    1.  Makes or causes a false entry in the business records of an enterprise; or
    2. Alters, erases, obliterates, deletes, removes or destroys a true entry in the business records of an enterprise; or
    3. Omits to make a true entry in the business records of an enterprise in violation of a duty to do so which he knows to be imposed upon him by law or by the nature of his position; or
    4.  Prevents the making of a true entry or causes the omission thereof in the business records of an enterprise.
    Falsifying business records in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2023, 07:47:34 pm »
I'd like to see what all 34 counts relate to.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2023, 07:49:32 pm »
I'm still not sure what fraud was supposed to have been intended, assuming arguendo that Trump caused company records to reflect the payment to the hooker as something other than a payment for services of a personal nature.

If it was on the records of a corporation, the standard treatment is to treat the payment as a constructive dividend distribution to the shareholder for whose benefit the payment was made, and assess income tax on the amount.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2023, 08:01:30 pm »
No Gag order issued
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2023, 08:02:40 pm »
Manu Raju
@mkraju
·
17m
The next in-person hearing date for Trump’s case in New York is set for December 4 as of right now, @Lauren_delvalle reports
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2023, 08:02:47 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO