Author Topic: Why Did Elon Musk Change the Twitter Logo to the Dogecoin Cryptocurrency Meme?  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Elon Musk is now using the design of Twitter itself to make hilarious (?) jokes.

On Monday, without warning, the iconic Twitter bird logo above the home button on the social network’s web version changed to the “doge” of the Dogecoin cryptocurrency. (Twitter’s mobile apps weren’t changed.) The doge image (of a Shiba Inu) is part of the logo of the Dogecoin blockchain and cryptocurrency, which was created as a joke in 2013 — to mock other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.

Musk, who bought Twitter last fall in a $44 billion deal, is a well-known superfan of the Doge meme and he has promoted Dogecoin both on Twitter and during his appearance last year hosting “Saturday Night Live.” After the change to Twitter’s web logo Monday, the value of Dogecoin rose more than 20%.

By way of explaining the Doge logo change on Twitter, Musk, currently the world’s second-richest individual, posted a tweet Monday that said, “As promised” — with a screenshot of an exchange he had in March 2022 with a Twitter user who goes by @WSBChairman.

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/elon-musk-twitter-logo-doge-dogecoin-meme-1235572343/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I guess this wasn’t for April Fools Day
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
To own the libs? And I love it when he does these things. Hope he never stops.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
As funny as hell as this is, this could land himself into some currency manipulation hot water.  Could be some expensive trolling.

And it's not like the SEC needs an excuse......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

• Technical
As funny as hell as this is, this could land himself into some currency manipulation hot water.  Could be some expensive trolling.

And it's not like the SEC needs an excuse......

He just spent 44 billion to basically troll. Not sure if money matters to him anymore.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm on Twitter, and I see no changes of this nature.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm on Twitter, and I see no changes of this nature.   :shrug:

I am not on Twitter but noticed the change on tweets posted here and wondered why I was seeing that dog. Now I know.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am not on Twitter but noticed the change on tweets posted here and wondered why I was seeing that dog. Now I know.

I closed my Twitter tab, reopened it and now I see the Dog.... :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He just spent 44 billion to basically troll. Not sure if money matters to him anymore.

He still has F U money.  Hell he just bought controlling shares in another company the other day. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Elon Musk Faces $258 Billion Lawsuit over ‘Dogecoin’ Cryptocurrency Manipulation Claims

Investors have claimed that Tesla and Twitter CEO Elon Musk ran a pyramid scheme to boost the price of the popular Dogecoin cryptocurrency, and are suing Musk for $258 billion in damages.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/04/04/elon-musk-faces-258-billion-lawsuit-over-dogecoin-cryptocurrency-manipulation-claims/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Elon Musk Faces $258 Billion Lawsuit over ‘Dogecoin’ Cryptocurrency Manipulation Claims

Investors have claimed that Tesla and Twitter CEO Elon Musk ran a pyramid scheme to boost the price of the popular Dogecoin cryptocurrency, and are suing Musk for $258 billion in damages.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/04/04/elon-musk-faces-258-billion-lawsuit-over-dogecoin-cryptocurrency-manipulation-claims/

Of course.  Nothing like grifting by lawsuit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Because he has a 44-billion-dollar toy and the sense of humor of a middle schooler.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Because he has a 44-billion-dollar toy and the sense of humor of a middle schooler.

You say that like it is a bad thing?  Why so cerial Jerry?

Offline Kamaji

A man after my own heart, allegorically speaking!

Online berdie

I guess I'm having a blonde moment...but why is this significant event? :shrug: 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
A man after my own heart, allegorically speaking!

Me too.  Nothing better than a well executed prank.  Especially those that create unintended consequencws
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

• Technical

I can't help but admire him for some reason...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

• Technical
...and he's at it again.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645505334453125124

I'm all for this. The right people are very angry at him right now.

Offline Wingnut

Todays media would write a story about things we wrote in the 60's and 70's as a joke.

I. P. Freely
Seymour Butz
Tess T. Culls
Pastor Fuzz

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

My guess is that Musk was high or having a psychotic break from reality.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Now he's gone and merged the original Twitter, Inc. out of existence.

• Technical
Todays media would write a story about things we wrote in the 60's and 70's as a joke.

I. P. Freely
Seymour Butz
Tess T. Culls
Pastor Fuzz

Also Hugh G. Rection.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Dick Hurtz from Holden
Mike Hunt
Al Coholic
Harry Balzack
Amanda Hugginkiss
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.