Author Topic: Anti-Energy Secretary Haaland Opposes Drilling, Unless It’s In Her Home State  (Read 95 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY SUZANNE DOWNING ON APR 3, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Anti-Energy Secretary Haaland Opposes Drilling, Unless It’s In Her Home State

sec deb haalandInterior Secretary Deb Haaland has been an ardent opponent of oil drilling everywhere in America, with the exception of her home state of New Mexico.

Recently, featured prominently in the news, she vehemently opposed Alaska’s Willow Project, a proposed diminutive oil development project in the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska, for years.

It’s a project she opposed even when she served in Congress as a representative from New Mexico. [emphasis, links added]

The Biden Administration this month ultimately decided to allow the project to proceed, as the administration was unlikely to win the case in court, according to President Joe Biden, who admitted it during a press conference in Canada late last month.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/anti-energy-secretary-haaland-opposes-drilling-unless-its-in-her-home-state/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson