Author Topic: An Army of None?  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
An Army of None?
« on: April 03, 2023, 06:41:42 pm »
An Army of None?
GREGORY HOOD • MARCH 24, 2023 • 3,200 WORDS • 432 COMMENTS • REPLY

Suppose they gave a war and nobody came? The United States is gearing up for a possible war with China, but it faces a serious recruitment problem. The nation’s youth can’t meet basic standards.

Earlier this year, the Council for a Strong America reported that 77 percent of 17- to 24-year-olds are ineligible for service. About 44 percent of young Americans can’t serve for multiple reasons. More than 20 percent are simply too fat.

The Council didn’t have any good ideas. It discussed the benefits of the SNAP food program and suggested that policymakers “promote healthy eating, increased access to fresh and nutritious foods, and physical activity for children.” A country whose citizens are too stupid to feed themselves without the government both paying for it and telling them what to eat has problems.

“The poor are the first to fight” is a lazy slogan that suggests social hierarchies are illegitimate because the elite won’t fight the wars it starts. Historically, that isn’t true. The very poor and the lumpenproletariat don’t make good soldiers.

https://www.unz.com/ghood/an-army-of-none/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: An Army of None?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 09:55:47 pm »
More from the article above:

Sam Francis argued in Leviathan that while most elites in history had an interest in conservative values that preserved hierarchy and the continuity of society, the modern elite does not. Instead, it relies on manipulation and soft power to stay in power. Rather than relying on the solidarity and strength of a united nation, the American ruling class retains its position by cultivating grievance groups to use against enemies. These groups also are the institutional basis and ideological justification for retaining power.

America does the same thing overseas. The State Department, NGOs, and activists use “color revolutions” to destroy opponents. We saw the same thing domestically in 2020, as the country’s dominant institutions turned decisively against the nation’s own past.

The real question for us is not to worry about whether America is “tough” enough to fight China, Russia, or Iran. It’s whether we can look at the current order and say “this we’ll defend.” If the answer is no, white Americans shouldn’t fight, unless they want to wear the uniform for their own purposes. Even if they do, they should have no illusions about what they are fighting for, nor any pretense they are part of the same institution American soldiers once served.

I’m not encouraging sedition. You can obey the law, pay your taxes, and be a good citizen without volunteering to die for people who despise you. White Americans have to ask whom this regime represents.

The brass may also be wondering. The Army recently made an ad that — although it has a black narrator — showed white men in a positive light and appealed to the past. If the comments on YouTube are any indication, the target audience saw though this farce. See for yourself before they delete the comments.

Address of referenced video:

https://youtu.be/4ItEHJc330Q

These comments — “I’m never dying for people who hate me,” “They can fight their own wars,” “The men who fought WW2 would have joined the Nazis if they could have seen what their country would become” — show something real. Recruitment shortages will continue even as the regime picks more fights internationally. Even with money, media power, and technology, a real war takes men on the ground with guns. Our rulers are probably crafty enough to avoid a direct conflict, but if they slip up, they will have a terrible time convincing white men to fight and die for a regime that is replacing them. It may have an even harder time telling non-whites to fight for a “racist” country.