Author Topic: 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) tests new prototype glider  (Read 77 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) tests new prototype glider
Photo By Sgt. Thoman Johnson | YUMA PROVING GROUNDS, Ariz. – Soldiers from 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne)... read more

YUMA PROVING GROUNDS, AZ, UNITED STATES
Story by Sgt. Thoman Johnson
1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) 
 Subscribe52

YUMA PROVING GROUND, Ariz. – In February 2023, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) successfully tested a new unmanned aerial delivery platform, the GD-2000 glider (glider disposable 2000 lbs.). This glider is an alternative to the current means of supply delivery into diverse environments. Implementation of the glider will result in enhanced capabilities of the Special Forces detachments deployed through varied, and often restrictive, terrain.

Timely and accurate resupply is imperative to the success of combat operations.

This success does not only lie with the operators on the ground but also with utilizing emerging technology. The GD-2000 is a glider platform that Special Operation Forces innovators hope will revolutionize aerial delivery to Green Berets in the field.

“It’s an autonomous aircraft that carries 1,500 pounds of payload,” said Chip Yates, CEO of Yates Electrospace, and the creator of the glider.
“It flies for 15 minutes, flares and lands where you want it,” he continued.

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/441506/1st-special-forces-group-airborne-tests-new-prototype-glider#:~:text=YUMA%20PROVING%20GROUND%2C%20Ariz.%20%E2%80%93%20In%20February%202023%2C,current%20means%20of%20supply%20delivery%20into%20diverse%20environments.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson