Author Topic: Our military is in a dangerous decline and this is the reason why  (Read 83 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Our military is in a dangerous decline and this is the reason why
Opinion by Michael Waltz, Kevin Roberts • 9h ago

The U.S. Armed Forces have one mission: to protect our nation from foreign enemies. Our troops are as committed to that mission as ever before. But according to a bracing new report, our warriors’ ability to do their job is being undermined by civilian leaders more interested in woke indoctrination and partisan politics than warfighting readiness.

"The Report of the National Independent Panel on Military Service and Readiness" is an urgent warning about creeping politicization at the Pentagon and its corrosive impact on America’s national defense. As the report details, the Biden administration’s whole-of-government embrace of woke politics is becoming a dangerous distraction for servicemen and women who signed up to protect and defend, not virtue-signal.

The top-line statistics compiled in the report are jarring.

Last year, the Army missed its recruiting goal by 25 percent. They expect this year to be even worse. The Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps began the new fiscal year in October 50 percent below their normal recruiting numbers. Public confidence in the military is falling precipitously, and even military families – from which most recruits come – are less likely to recommend military life.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/our-military-is-in-a-dangerous-decline-and-this-is-the-reason-why/ar-AA19oR6i?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=cd554f5342ef4e1bb97ba843055b8710&ei=10
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Our military is in a dangerous decline and this is the reason why
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 03:37:32 pm »
Why should a young person volunteer to put their lives, health, and families at risk for an unrepsonsive and uncaring DC poltical elite?

You see Iraqi and Afghan vets waiting for and being denied access to benefits and care that they earned on the battlefield.  Their families are required to sacrifice too much while soldiers are on deployment.

The Washington DC elites and bureaucrats treat deployed soldiers' families and veterans like shit.

I'd die for God, Family, Community, and Country, but not for my Government.  My Government is not worthy of my sacrifice.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright