Author Topic: Another widespread severe weather threat with strong tornadoes to impact 48M in central US Tuesday  (Read 772 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Another widespread severe weather threat with strong tornadoes to impact 48M in central US Tuesday
By Brian Donegan, FOX Weather   
April 3, 2023 9:54am

For the second time in four days, a widespread severe weather threat with strong tornadoes is expected to impact some 48 million people across more than a dozen states from the Midwest to the South on Tuesday.

Some of the areas facing this next threat of severe storms and tornadoes include those that were just struck by a deadly multi-state tornado outbreak on Friday.

Tuesday’s severe weather will be associated with the same storm system that will also spawn an early-April blizzard across parts of the northern Plains and Upper Midwest early this week.

The weather pattern responsible for Tuesday’s severe thunderstorms is nearly identical to the one that brought deadly tornadoes to the central US on Friday.

This includes a potent upper-level jet stream disturbance pivoting into the Plains and Mississippi Valley, providing wind shear – the change in wind speed and direction with height – that will overlap with moisture streaming north from the Gulf of Mexico into the Midwest and South.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/04/03/another-severe-weather-threat-tornadoes-to-hit-central-us/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OMG...will this ever stop.... :crying:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Kind of like I feel during active hurricane seasons.   **nononono*

Looking at the SPC graphics (Storm Prediction Center) They red hatched (bad stuff) in an area of SE Iowa, NE Missouri and NW Illinois for an enhanced tornado threat tomorrow  When I see those shaded hatched areas, those are the ones that SPC thinks might foster outbreaks.

Places in areas like Hannibal, Cedar Rapids, and Rockford and areas nearby might want to keep an eye to the sky

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

What's generating these repeat events?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't know..this is the same weather pattern like we had the other night...I was terrified all evening as we had tornadoes all around us with sirens going off non-stop.

Tues/Wed storm is in the middle of the night and early morning hours...
Support the USO

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I don't know..this is the same weather pattern like we had the other night...I was terrified all evening as we had tornadoes all around us with sirens going off non-stop.

Tues/Wed storm is in the middle of the night and early morning hours...

We are expecting another 12-18” of snow starting tomorrow morning.
Praying for your safety during the tornado watches. I’ll happily put up with snow.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Obvious answer is Trump. Okay I apologize, I have great concern for Briefers and well, all Americans impacted by these severe events and prayers for the dead and their families. I have a good friend with a farm in Missouri and family in North Carolina, though it looks like my family is on the outskirts of the severe weather.

Prayers for all of you impacted by this

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Last year, our state had 98 tornadoes (confirmed), looks like we are right on schedule this year. We have had 62 in one day before (2011 with 148 that year ). Tornado Alley has shifted into Dixie Alley...

« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 05:17:23 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

This is not a 100% rule of thumb, but when you get air upper zonal due east west, that is normally a harbringer of normal or calm weathers that outside of winter lend themsleves to precipitation that normally are thermally driven.  Like those afternoon showers that spring up after the clouds billow up.  And normally under these conditons, severe weather doesn't happen.

OTOH, in late Spring and early Fall if you see dips in the jet, that does two things.

(1) Those swirls of intermixing of the zonal flows and polar like flow spin up low pressure systems
(2) Those swirls of intermixing of zonal and polar flows also create increased temperature differntials in the air masses, that give even more uplift.  When you see those examples of significant uplift, that is when you get your bad storms, hail, and tornadoes.  And if it happens to be in a area of (1) that amplifies the updraft.

There are cases like with just dry lines, where there can be very little temperature variation, but if two bubbles of dry and moist air clash, you can get the same.  This mostly happens in the southern plains, where we often can get twisters without a front.

Long answer, but to your question, and watching the GFS models, we are seeing much of the same of angular dips in the upper jet until mid month.  Then thing look more zonal then But again, the GFS isn't always right

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2022121506&fh=126
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 06:14:36 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Such severe weather in April?  Quite unusual isn't it??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Actually pretty common, as far as April

Worst tornado of our lifetimes was back on April 3-4, 1974. 

148 confirmed tornadoes.  And to tell you the truth, or radar imagery was not near as good back then, so I bet if you were to use the same hi tech radar now, it was probably close to 200.

https://www.wlky.com/article/1974-super-tornado-outbreak/43478337

Offline Sighlass

Actually pretty common, as far as April

Worst tornado of our lifetimes was back on April 3-4, 1974. 

148 confirmed tornadoes.  And to tell you the truth, or radar imagery was not near as good back then, so I bet if you were to use the same hi tech radar now, it was probably close to 200.

https://www.wlky.com/article/1974-super-tornado-outbreak/43478337

Good point, often in the past when tornadoes hit in the wooded areas, it was not known. Now days they send folks in (or drones) to record damage when spotted on radar. Thus why the MSM reports "more tornadoes now days, global warming/climate change"...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 07:36:12 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

I think March and April are the top months for us here in Bama. Tornado hit in state on Jan 3rd, which is early for us though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 07:40:33 pm by Sighlass »